Monday, February 1, 2010

A friendly game of tag

I visited Andrea's blog this morning and was tagged by her.  It's a friendly game.  One that was easy enough for me to want to play; no 1,000 questions to answer.  Just post your favorite photos of 2009.
 
Favorite photos of 2009

 
There are many things I love about this photo of Stella.  It was from our last family outing of the summer; a trip to the park.  I love the rainbow lens flare going through her face.  It just...suits her.  Even straight-out-of-the-camera this was a good one, but I love how it looks with PW's 70's action.

 
This is one of my favorite photos of Jonah.  I loved the whole series of shots I got from that day.  It was the first time I actually pre-planned a photo shoot for one of my children.  You know, got them dressed, grabbed a prop and found a neat spot.  I loved it.  From that day on my eye has constantly been on the look out for cool locations and my mind has been constantly working for what would make a cool photo.  Who knows, maybe this photo was the beginning of something for me... 

I will always love this shot of Ava.  Capturing her in her room while holding her favorite baby, will always be special to me.  It was hard to choose (and no, not because I take such great photos) which photo, out of the ones I took that day, that I liked best.  They were all so full of her personality.  She's happy, and she jumps, and she spins and she runs...it warmed my heart that I could catch her taking a breath looking out the window to Bramma's (grandma) house.

Now it's your turn.  Tag you're it!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

YAY you played my silly little game and I LOVE those 3 photos - I remember them well and ahem.....3 for your beautiful 3 kiddos - perfect! Hugs and your photography - oh my heavens it just keeps drawing me in!!! xoxo

Sandhya said...

I think those are my favorites of your kids, too! Ava is precious with her baby doll and Jonah looks too-cool with his guitar. Great pics!