skip to main | skip to sidebar
The Parsons Family

Thursday, July 28, 2011

wanna know what ava did??

check it out -  http://saraparsonsphotography.com/?p=232
at 6:16 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

The latest quote...

After seeing a preview for the TLC show, 19 and Counting (the Dugger family), Stella says...
"19 kids?!?! Mom, like how much more milk does that lady have in her body??"

While driving in the car...
Ava - (making shooting sounds) "I just shot that car."
Stella - "Ava is going to be a tom-boy. I can just feel it."

Me - "Ava are you funny?"
Ava - "no"
me - "are you silly?"
Ava - "no, I'm da hoke" (Incredible Hulk)


Jonah - "Mom, do hippos have meat?"
Me - "Yeah, why?"
Jonah - "Cause...I just really want to eat a hippo. I have a bb gun."

After stopping at McDonalds, Jonah says to Stella...
"Stella, what are chicken nuggets?"
Stella: "just some chicken and...(long pause) some nuggets."
Jonah: "Oh."

Jonah - "Mom, don't cut my toenails, they help me climb." "They're my claws."

I was walking backwards looking at Stella. She thought she'd try to trick me by saying "Watch out for that bush mom!" but then she said, "Oh that's right, you have eyes on the back of your head. I always forget that."

Jonah - "Stella is your skin made out of snake skin?"
Stella - "Oh, I don't know Jonah. We're studying butterflies at school....Mom, do you know?"

Stella unloaded the dish washer for me and said...
"Mom these knives are HUGE!" "You could definitely cut up an antelope with these." (me in my mind thinking - antelope??? wha??????) she then looks at my face and says, "what mom, you totally could, they're really sharp." Well alright then, I'm going to go find me some antelope.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

My Favorite Blogs

  • Jen
    Free Book Chasing Vines: Finding Your Way to an Immensely Fruitful Life (Hardcover) By Beth Moore Spiritual Guidance for a Life that Matters
    6 years ago
  • enjoying the process
    Week in the Life | Thursday May Ten
    8 years ago
  • The McPoland Family
    Easter 2017
    8 years ago
  • moment4milk
    He Takes Away the Sin of the World
    10 years ago
  • Pat and Briana
    Eli is Super Good At Eating
    12 years ago
  • The Stutzman Family
    Ethiopia {Trip 1}
    13 years ago
  • Hollie
    Just call me Martha....Martha Stewart that is!
    13 years ago
  • The Leaman Family
    More Homeschool Updates
    13 years ago
  • Zach and Kim
    Stehekin/Seaside ~ Picture Overload?
    13 years ago
  • Jamie
    13 years ago
  • The Loya Family
    Chris + Kristina {just because}
    13 years ago
  • Tori
    Chelan
    13 years ago
  • Andrea
    Happy Heart Day
    14 years ago
  • The Harrelson Family
    Christmas in CA part 1
    14 years ago
  • The Wilde Family
    24 weeks!
    14 years ago
  • Live with Passion
    changing places...
    14 years ago
  • The Guyser Family
    Finally!!!
    14 years ago
  • Life with the Lesiws
    kicking this Blog to the curb ...
    14 years ago
  • The Whittington Family
    Our new home
    14 years ago
  • The Horn family
    Maui
    15 years ago
  • The Bains Family
    15 years ago
  • The McCown Family
    Daddy's Gone...Day One
    15 years ago
  • The Bustanoby Family
    Radiant
    15 years ago
  • Me and My Boys
    Happy Birthday (one day early) to my Wonderful Husband!!
    16 years ago
  • The Kollmann Family
    Easter
    16 years ago
  • The Bateman Family
    Occupied
    16 years ago
  • The Gorauskas Family
    Top 9 Ways to tell your 3 1/2 year old is sick
    16 years ago
  • Julie
    How is it December?!
    16 years ago
  • The Penberthy Family
    16 years ago
  • The Ayres Family
  • Liz
  • The Sammon Family
  • Stephen and Tiffany Seston
  • Kat
  • The Murphy Family: Login to read
  • The Kostjuk Family
  • Cherie
  • PB&J's

cute stuff

  • Whimsy Quilts
  • WhimsyQuilts on Etsy

Blog Archive

  • November (1)
  • October (1)
  • August (1)
  • July (2)
  • June (2)
  • May (3)
  • April (4)
  • March (3)
  • February (10)
  • January (7)
  • December (7)
  • November (4)
  • October (7)
  • September (5)
  • August (5)
  • July (2)
  • June (7)
  • May (3)
  • April (8)
  • March (6)
  • February (5)
  • January (5)
  • December (5)
  • November (3)
  • October (6)
  • September (7)
  • August (3)
  • July (4)
  • June (6)
  • May (7)
  • April (8)
  • March (7)
  • February (9)
  • January (11)
  • December (5)
  • November (4)
  • October (8)
  • September (10)
  • August (10)
  • July (8)
  • June (12)
  • May (16)
  • April (14)
  • March (17)
  • February (14)
  • January (8)
My photo
View my complete profile
 

Stella and Jonah's quoteables

While driving in the car...
Ava: "bye bye"
Jonah: "I think she's saying bike"
Me: "I'm pretty sure she's saying bye bye"
Jonah: "No, I think she is saying bike"
and then Stella chimes in...
Stella: "Jonah, Mom speaks baby language so she knows."

Stella:"Mom, if a spark from a campfire flies up and lands on you, you're supposed to DROP ROCK and ROLL."
Me: "You mean, stop drop and roll?"
Stella: "Yes."
(she's been learning about fire safety at school ;)

Jonah, laying down on the couch after running and jumping around, says...
"Mom my heart is beeping." (long pause) "So there must be a lot of God's huh mom?"
Me: (oh great, I've failed as a mother...) "No Jonah, there is only one true God."
Jonah: "But how can He be in all our hearts? There are a lot of hearts to be in."

Stella: "Mom, so Aunt Kristy speaks spanish to Israel, huh?"
Me: "Yep, until he learns to speak English."
Stella: "And when he learns English, then he won't be brown anymore, right? He'll have white skin, right mom?"

Sean was giving Stella a swim test without her life jacket. He told her to swim to the dock, touch it, and then swim back to him. Stella was on her way to the dock and Jonah was swimming behind her (with a life jacket) and I heard him say, "Don't. Touch. The butt." If you've watched Finding Nemo, you know where he got it from. :)

Jonah: "Mom, will you close my window. I don't want to hear that croc-o-dile-do." (we have a neighbor with a rooster...I'm thinking he meant cock-o-doodle-do ;) 6/12/09

Jonah: "Mom, my feet are dying me!"
Stella: "Jonah, you mean your feet are killing you."
Jonah: "Yeah, they are killing me."
Me: "Why?"
Jonah: "I don't know." said with a shrug of his shoulders and then off he goes...
There you have it people, the life of a 4 year old. :)


~Jonah, while laying down on the floor on his back, said...
"Oh man, I think I need to do some flip-ups." (sit-ups)

~After watching a Chuck-E-Cheeses commercial, Stella says to me...
"Mom, I really want to go there on my birthday. The moms sit and relax and the kids get to go play. Doesn't that sound good to you?"

~Stella:
"Mom, sometimes I call myself Della so Ava will understand my language." 4/11/09

~Stella was leaving a message on her Aunt Tricia's phone and when she was done talking she said "Amen."
She was so embarrassed and she told me later...
"mom, if Aunt Tricia calls back I am NOT talking to her!"
Funny thing is I've done the exact same thing not too long ago. I laughed so hard. Good times. 4/8/09

I was tucking Jonah in to bed and he asked if we could go to the movie store and I told him
we could tomorrow. The next morning at breakfast he asks...
"Mom is today tomorrow?"
and in the background I hear Stella laughing. :)

In the car driving home from picking up Stella...
Jonah: (looking at his Dora the Explorer sticker he got from the bank) "Stella, I love Dora."
Stella: "Jonah, you don't love her, you like her."
Jonah: "No, I love her."
Stella: "Anyway, she's not even real."
Jonah: "Well I'm just going to break that thing we watch with her on it so I can go inside and be with her."
Me: "You mean you're going to break the TV?"
Jonah: "Yeah, the TV."


Jonah: "God wants us to share huh dad?" "Because if we don't share then we're like Sato." (said/pronounced like say-toe)
Stella: (laughing) "Not Sato Jonah, Satan."
Jonah: "Yeah, Sato."


~Jonah was coming downstairs when he was supposed to be in his bed going to sleep...
Me: "Jonah, what are you doing?"
Jonah: "Well, I just need to go to the bathroom and I want to go in the downstairs one because it's so much better."
Me:"OK, go ahead then."
Jonah:"Well...I just really like the bathroom downstairs it's so nice and stuff..."
Me:"Go ahead Jonah."
Jonah:"...well I just really like the bathroom down here, it's so beautiful..."
Me:"Jonah go to the bathroom."
Jonah: "Yes mom."

~Jonah was feeling the peach fuzz on his face and then says...
"Mom, my beard is growing. It's growing right here (feeling above the lip) and right here!" (feeling on his chin).

~Jonah: "Just one more letter until I get to sit in the middle seat huh mom?"
Me: "what are you going to be in one more letter?"
Jonah: "Bigger."
Me: "How big?"
Jonah: "5!"
OH, he means number, got it. :)

The phone rings, I answer it and then just hang up without talking...
Stella: "Who was that mom?"
Me: "Just a telemarketer"
Stella: "What?! They're calling again?? Don't they know we have enough stuff in our house??!" "They just keep calling...it's like they're bossing us."


~In the car, driving behind some trucks that pulled in to where Sean works, Jonah says...
"There's some dads going to work, huh mom?"
Me: "Yep. Are you going to work when you're a dad?"
Jonah: "Yes...(pause)...and play football and watch TV."

~Stella to Jonah, who was walking down the hill away from her in the deep snow...

"Jonah you're shrinking! Come this way!!"


~Stella: "Mom, I get a lot of exercise at school during recess time."

me: "Oh yeah, what do you do, play on the play ground?"
Stella "no, I chase boys."

~A commercial was on, some restaurant
advertising a
steak dinner, and after watching it Jonah says....

"Oh yum, chicken! I love chicken."

~ In the car driving home Jonah says...
"It smells like deer."


~Stella went outside to the garage this morning to feed our kitten. When she came back in she says....
"Mom, I feel like a farm girl. I just go outside and feed the animals."



A conversation with Stella...
"Mom I don't want to be old when I get married. Aren't I beautiful enough now to get married now?"
WHAT?!?! (said in my head) "Stella you do have to wait to get married, you're way too little."
"But mom, on Little People Big World, they're little and they're married."
(ps -she has never seen that show, just seen commercials for it)


~Sean just finished reading the bible story and was on to the questions. The last question was, "what will happen to those who do not love God today?" Both Stella and Jonah's hands go up and Sean calls on Stella and she says...

"they go to... (long pause and the look of uncertainty on her face)...Harold??"
and then she belly laughs because she knows that's not right but can't remember the word hell.


~
After going through Burger King's drive thru, Stella says...
"mom you have to get one of those fast food things...how do they make the food so fast?"


~In the morning before school Stella says...
"Mom, I think I'll just stay 5"
me: "How come?"
"Because I just want to stay home with you."
Yep, she's a girl after my own heart.

~Stella: "Mom you know what I'm going to tell the teacher when I get to school?"
Me: "what?"
Stella:"I'm going to tell her I need help because I don't know how to do school."


~
In the car Stella says to me...
"Mom, Ava had some boogers in her nose and I got them out. I was really gentle, she didn't even cry.....(long pause)....man, I feel like a mom."

~
I told the kids that it's good to chew gum on the plane so their ears don't pop. So during take-off, when it got loud and for a little person it can be kind of intense, Stella looks over at Jonah and yells.....
"CHEW JONAH CHEW!" "CHEW I SAY, CHEEEWWW!"

~I was feeding Ava and Jonah was sitting next to us eating his lunch, when we got to talking about Jonah and the whale. With a very troubled look on his face Jonah says...
"But the big fish doesn't love this Jonah (pointing to himself) right mom??"

~At Grandma and Grandpa's watching the Olympics - track and field, womens 200 meter race...
Stella: "Mom I'm the fastest."
Sean: "You're not faster than me... you want to race?! Bring it!"
Stella: "Yeah dad, let's go downstairs and get it on!"
Oh man, that was funny :)


~After getting in a hot car Stella tells Sean...
"Dad hurry and put the freeze on, it's hot in here."


~
me: "Jonah, aunt Tricia will be here this week!"
Jonah: "Then she'll get to play with me!" ...pause..."but she'll have to take off that big dress, it was too big." (meaning the wedding dress :)


~Eating lunch at Burger Master...
Jonah: "Hey Gram, I love this pop, it's so poppily"
Stella: "Hey Grandma, you have to try this booger, it is soooo good."


~Ava's crying, I'm busy making dinner...
Me: "Stella would you go talk to Ava?"
Stella: "Sure mom, I'm a brilliant talker."

~While working out on the elliptical machine (it's kind of squeaky), Stella says to me...
"Mom, that is music to my ears!"

~On the drive home from church...
Jonah: "Mom I'm bery, bery, bery, bery, bery, bery, bery, bery tired." (he was very tired)

~Jonah: "Mom, I'm not feelin' real well. I got a hug-ache."
Me: "Do you mean a headache??"
Jonah: "Yeah, a hud-ache."


~While I was combing Stella's hair in the bathroom...
"Mom is Dad part elephant? Because he sure goes a lot of pee."

~Stella while outside...
"Mom I want to get my hair cut...long hair is such a bother."


~Jonah in the bathroom...
"Mom I'm all done!...Oh never mind mom, Treaty will wipe my bottom!"

~Jonah to me....
"Mom can I have a too-tat?"
"A tattoo???"
"yeah, a tattoo" (big grin)

~On our family walk Stella says...
"Mom you know what my favorite bird is?"
me:"Nope, what is it?"
"Quails, because the little babies follow their mama in a line.... that is just so cute, don't you think?"
me:"I think you're cute Stella"

~Jonah in the kitchen eating his lunch...
"Stella come on, I'm done with my diarrhea"
Me: "Jonah come here. What did you say?"
"I'm done with my diarrhea"
Me:"Lets not say that Jonah, it isn't nice talk"
He looked at me completely confused and then says...
"Mom come here I'll show you" He leads me to the kitchen and shows me his plate with remnants of his quesadilla.
Me: "Jonah did you mean you're done with your quesadilla?"

"Yeeeessss mom!"

~Evidence that Stella had been hanging around her older cousins...
"...yeah mom, totally." (long pause) "Mom what does totally mean?"

~Stella talking about my shoes for Tricia's wedding...
"Oh mom they are lovely!" "They are SO sancy" (fancy :)

~Last night after being told to get his pj's on Jonah says...
"I'm coming down stairs mom and I'm bare naked!"

~On the drive home from the library Stella says...
"Mom you know what kind of ice cream I love?" "I love Sherman, you know the rainbow kind...yummm"

~
"Mom can Jonah and I go to town by ourselves and look for dad?"


~Sean just got some new work boots and this morning before he left Stella told him...

"Dad your boots look really good with your jeans."

~Jonah never eats his sandwich together, he pulls it apart and usually eats the jam side. Well I folded the the other piece in half so it looked like another sandwich and he says to me...
"Mom you're amazing!"

photography sites i follow

  • Love and Lavender
    Rehearsal Dinner Hair That Won’t Give Your Stylist a Reset Job Tomorrow
    9 hours ago
  • Jessica Feely Photography
    Brand Photography for a Handmade Paper Goods Business
    5 months ago
  • simply rosie photography
    Summer 2025
    11 months ago
  • ashleyannphotography.com
    I’ve Never Been Here Before {my book}
    1 year ago
  • katie day |photo blog|
    03. I did crossfit so you don’t have to
    1 year ago
  • Lindsey Belle Blog
    シルバー ネックレス シンプル メンズ レディース ペンダント 925 チェーン
    2 years ago
  • Elizabeth Halford Photography {the blog}
    Your next job: Reconnaissance tactics for unfamiliar territories
    4 years ago
  • Confessions of a Pioneer Woman | Ree Drummond
    Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
    6 years ago
  • Simplicity Photography
    How to get dad on board…
    6 years ago
  • Erich McVey Blog
    Erin & Matt
    7 years ago
  • Leah Zawadzki blog
    Senior Session | Orange County
    8 years ago
  • JinkyArt Blog - Barb Uil, Children, Lifestyle and Babies Commercial and Portrait Photographer
    Today, I dream in colour.
    8 years ago
  • Blue Lily Blog
    Ouch
    8 years ago
  • Maggie Fortson Photography
    Chris + Suzanne . Batavia Water Street Studios Wedding
    8 years ago
  • » Denise Bovee Photography Blog
    How to avoid making the flash your enemy
    9 years ago
  • Wendy VonSosen Photography
    8th Annual Fall Mini Session Event | Wendy VonSosen Photography
    9 years ago
  • rialeephotographyBLOG
    By: A Really Great Day. | Lindsey AndrewsLindsey Andrews
    11 years ago
  • Ashley McNamara Photography
    An Interview With Redis Creator Salvatore Sanfilippo
    11 years ago
  • Kimberly Bee
    sensory bins
    11 years ago
  • tara kuhlow photography
    headshot mini sessions | madison, wi headshot photographer
    11 years ago
  • Kathy Wolfe Photography- Pittsburgh Photographer - PA Baby and Child Photographer specializing in CHILD and FAMILY lifestyle portrait, commercial and editorial photography in the PITTSBURGH area
    A Stroll Through the Woods in Spring | Pittsburgh PA Child and Family Photography
    11 years ago
  • peta mazey photoblog
    yuna at one
    12 years ago
  • Emily Porter Photo | West Virginia Portrait & Wedding Photography
    WV WEDDINGS Magazine
    13 years ago
  • tsj photography
    new home! new look! new name!
    13 years ago
  • PINKLE TOES PHOTOGRAPHY: Austin's Lifestyle Photographer: Babies Children Family Newborn Photography
    NEW BLOG!!!
    14 years ago
  • Lisa Lucky Photography Blog
    autumn beauties
    14 years ago
  • Rachel Clare Photo - RSS
  • Red Heart Photography
  • Sarah Q Blog | Austin Wedding Photographer | Austin Family Photographer
  • Milwaukee Photographer | Milwaukee Portrait Photographer | Milwaukee Senior Photographers | Krysta Manthe Photography
  • Sheye Rosemeyer
  • I Heart Faces Photography
  • Amanda K Photo Art – Your Life. My Vision. – Wedding photographers in Oregon

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed