Wednesday, December 1, 2010

husband in the kitchen

I woke up this morning and came out to make some coffee, because that's what's most important when you first wake up.  However, as I was getting it ready I noticed I was really dizzy and having trouble standing up straight.  Then I started to feel sick.  Really sick.  So sick that all of the sudden coffee didn't sound good.  I went back to bed, pronto and spoke the dreaded mom words, "I don't feel good."  My husband is awesome.  He called in sick for me and took over the motherly duties.

There is nothing my husband likes more than dinner ready when he gets home from work.  And he loooooves that dinner to be ready in a crock pot, which means I can't wait until 4:30pm to start thinking about what's for dinner.  I'm working on it.

Sean took it upon himself to get dinner ready today.  Bless his huge heart.  So after picking up Jonah from Kindergarten, he opened up P-Dub's cookbook and started rummaging through the cupboards in search of the perfect dinner.  He decided on a roast, and seeing that we just purchased a 1/4 of cow, it's a good choice.


Sean's not afraid to wear an oven mitt.



He had a little excitement with his roast.  So much so that I got my sick self up to snap a few photos.  I missed the flames.  It was the first real cooking fire we've had in the house.  Do you see that hazeyness in the photos?  It's smoke.


  Lots and lots of smoke.  So much smoke the alarms started going off.  Ava slept through it.



He even cleaned up after himself.  I love him.

xo

10 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Sweet sweet man. Hope you're feeling better. I got that matching pot holder :)

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!!!! Miss you!
Love, Rebecca (aka anonymous) :)

Kirra said...

Sweet hubby. And your kitchen is out of a magazine. And I am SO SORRY that you were sick today. I hope you're feeling better!!!!

emily said...

So sweet :) Sorry you were sick :(
I have that same pot holder and...almost the exact same kitchen :)

LoLo said...

What an incredible husband and father! I love it when my daddy cooks :)... I love your kitchen btw!!

Baby By The Sea said...

Sean did a good job in the oven mitt. Nice work, smoke and all.

Jamie said...

i sure do get teary eyed more time that not reading your posts sara! i know why-
it's cause you guys love each other and you love your kids and it comes through in everyhting you write. i heart you!

sorry you were sick. sorry i can't comment as much as i would like to!

Jamie said...

ps. way to go sean!!

The Parsons' blog said...

Sean is awesome.

LoLo, thanks for visiting! And thanks for your sweet comment.

Emily, haha! I KNOW! We're weird. I think that's what caught my eye when I found your blog - your kitchen was like my kitchen. :) Buuuut, I want your countertops. You want to give yours to me? Really?! Thanks!

Jamie, come visit. Sean will cook us dinner while we talk. xo

Anonymous said...

good job Seanie, I'm sorry you were sick.. But sometimes God has a way of showing us that we need to slow down..I love all the pics..You do such a good job.. Allison