Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today

Today my house and myself smelled like roast beef.  Dinner was good last night, but not good enough to want to smell like it.  My parents dog gave me a few extra sniffs when I saw him.  All that smoke from yesterday found it's way into the bedrooms.  Sweet.  Oh and the gravy Sean made was black.   I'm guessing the drippings from the pan were more like charrish bits rather than drippish bits.  It didn't taste burnt, just had a flame broiled taste.  I called it a flame roast.


Today we got a package from Nana and Papa.  It was full of Christmas goodness, from crafts to candies.  Here's a little peek at what went down tonight.  I'll try to take photos of the kids actually doing the crafts tomorrow.  I was in charge of making the house.  It may look like a young child put it together, but it was me.  In my defense, the glue we have in this house is no bueno.  I told the kids they could decorate it tomorrow when the glue dried.  And hey, the glue can act like icicles, right?  Right, that's what I was thinking.











Icicles.  Right?  Right. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so laughing right now!! It does look like a kid put it together!! Yes, icicles!! Cute!

Kristy said...

Love your "icicles"--blame the glue, Sara, blame the glue. (I personally would have blamed my husband somehow) ;)

I haven't checked in on your blog in awhile, and I just realized how much I miss you guys. Your pictures are awesome (love the snowman with the kids running around in the background) and your new toy looks like I might need to play with it sometime.

Hope you guys are enjoying your Christmastime!

Kirra said...

TOTALLY icicles. Haha! I love it!!!!!!!! So sweet!!

jorden9879 said...

I love Sean's cooking story. A for effort! What a cute package to get in the mail and the glue nothing a little candy can't hide, hehe. I can't believe it is Christmas time I have not put up one decorations. You may have just inspired me, we will see. Glad to have you posting more often again!!!

Jenny M. said...

there are plenty of icicles on my house so it looks more authentic!!

Hoping I can come over for a visit while Trish is there...I can dream right?

Jamie said...

right! your genious! and i'm the genious who doesn't know how to spell genious.

The Wilde Family said...

So glad your blogging more, I love reading your updates. I like the crafts you got, so fun. I need to get Ava and I a gingerbread house for next week. I've never done one, can you believe that?