Wednesday, November 3, 2010

more harvest'ness

The pirate 


She wanted to look like Jack Sparrow.  I told her she looked better.




Captain Rex


I bet you don't know who that is.  I didn't either.  He's a Star Wars guy and I guess he looks like this.



Hola!  I'm Dora




Dora really has some sweet, bouncy hair.  Ava loved it.





Who could turn down candy to them?  Apparently nobody could.  You should see the stash of candy we have sitting in this house.  It's doing nothing for my figure I tell you.  Nothing.


The carving of pumpkins...


We carved these babies yesterday.  That's just how it is at this house right now.  We're a little behind.  For one, I couldn't find any pumpkins on this island so we had to special order some from the grandparents who happened to be off-island.  We really should go into contests for pumpkin carvers.  I have a feeling we'd win. ;)  Ha!   While outside carving, cars were driving by on the driveway and then Stella says, "mom those people driving by are probably saying to themselves  - 'Don't those people know Halloween is over??!!  Those poor people, carving pumpkins on the wrong day'."  I laughed.  I like that Stella girl of mine.

I hope you all had a happy Harvest!

12 comments:

Tori said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Dude...Ava is hilarious! Stella is a mighty find looking pirate! Jonah's pumpkin gets my vote.

The Parsons' blog said...

Thanks, Tori! I'm laughing about the pumpkins...they are truly scary. Come visit us. We miss you.

Deanna said...

Oh my gosh, are you kidding me?! I'm cracking up at Dora. She is way too cute. Love the pumpkins...we were very last minute with the carving this year, so I understand!

The Guyser Family said...

Love the costumes, we still have only carved one of our five pumpkins, so you are ahead of us!!!

jorden9879 said...

I love that you guys carved after the fact, at least you did it! The kids looked awesome. Brooklyn just got into Dora that is the show she picks every day. Love Ava's hair and back pack, to cute. Stella looked great, what made her choose a pirate? I love her choice, not so ordinary! I have heard of all these new star wars or whatever the characters are, who would have guessed they would stay so popular.

Unknown said...

Stella is the most beautiful pirate ever! Ava is as cute as can possibly be! And I must admit I am not familiar with Jonah's costume but I can tell he totally loved it! And I remember explaining to Alexia "we can still carve our pumpkins even though the trick or treaters have already come, fall is November too and pumpkins are part of FALL. :)

The Wilde Family said...

YOUR KIDS ARE SO COOL!!! I love love love their outfits and Stella has some cool boots, I wouldn't mind those myself :) BTW, one of my newphews was that star wars guy too, last year. It makes for great PJ's and dress up, all year round :)

Tricia Arnold said...

Hahahahahaha! LOVE IT! Those kids make my heart melt. I would give anything to be a part of your lives on a daily basis! Dora was so cute- she just needs to get out more- maybe a few weeks on a beach in Mexico would do the trick. :) Love you!

Kirra said...

Ummmmm their costumes are amazing. Dora especially cracks me up! That wig is too much. I love it. They are all getting so big Sar'! I can hardly believe it!!! Stella looks just like you- gorgeous!!!!

The Loyas said...

My gosh. You need to just take photos of your kids ALL day. They're gorgeous. And I have a feeling my Mikey and your Jonah would be the very best of friends, we are all things Star Wars right now. :)

Jamie said...

i can't believe i didn't comment on this yet sawa :) stella looks way better than jack sparrow and i like jack sparrow. amazing! i was wondering who jonah was too. star wars is always a good costume! ava is just rockin the dora costume! she just pulls off funny and cute so well! i love your carved pumkins. i always say i'm not a good carver so my kids will experience some funny looking pumpkins someday. i was thinking tonight i wish you could come over and help me pick out paint and help me decorate.

Bridget said...

great pictures! they all have such gorgeous eyes!