Stella had her first soccer practice after school today and her first game is tomorrow morning. She played a little in the goalie position. I told her good job and she responded by saying, "I got my dad's blood in me I guess." The girl is a crack up.
Jonah has his first soccer game tomorrow also, but they don't need practice apparently. :)
I used Jonah's bb-gun this morning and shot at the deer that has been eating my roses down to NOTHING. I think I may have actually hit it because it jumped. It didn't take off in a mad dash crying like I hoped, it just sauntered off like no big deal. Whatever deer, I'm on to you.
Ava likes football. Go Seahawks. Stella asked me the other day, "mom, are you sure Ava is a girl?" Ava wants to be like her big brother and likes to go around the house "bare belly." I think while Jonah is away at school I'll start hauling out the tea sets and pretty dresses. :) Oh and check out the size of Ava's foot in this picture!?! Ha ha, it looks HUGE. She really doesn't have an abnormally large foot; just the angle of the shot I guess.
I've finally started turning my funky junk into shabby treasure. What color should I paint it? Any suggestions??
I'm working on my website, or more like Sean's uncle is. Bless his heart. I'm excited to be able to reveal it to all of you. Hopefully it comes out looking the way I have envisioned in my head.
I'm finishing up editing photos from this cute family session. I love this age. They can't crawl or walk yet, so they have no choice but to sit and look cute. These are a few that caught my eye.



xo







12 comments:
ava is so cute! cute as the girl she is and cute as tomboy too.
this is fun getting to input on paint color for your cute cabinet....hmm i was thinking robins egg blue but then that all depends on where it's home is going to be. if it's going in your dining area where you have blue walls a canary-ish yellow would look fun! or creamy white. your good at picking color so you don't need my help....
xo
I am sad you are painting over that pink!!! I am totally into off white right now, but I don't know what room you are putting it in so I don't feel like I can help. Anyway, our next Funky Junk Show is Oct 15-16th, we just got an email saying that this is their biggest show yet! I hope you are marking your calendar girl! :)
Jamie, I think you're on to something. I'm feeling yellow :)
Bri- I like the idea of pink, but this was a little too salmony pink and the front of the cabinet had this horrible texture going on so I had sand it down. Now it's nice and smooth.
Oh and the cabinet is going in the dining area.
I don't know what is more funny, Ava's foot, or you finding a bb gun and going after the deer (im sure Jonah would be proud)
And you tell that sweet Stella that her Aunt Kelli had a sister that used to run around without a shirt (pretty sure she even called herself a boy) and she turned out good...=)
Kelli, I know I keep looking at Ava's foot and crack up. It looks SO BIG. And what adds to the bigness is you can see her other foot and it looks crazy small next to the giant one. HAHA so funny. Yeah, I can shoot the gun. Jonah likes it when I do. He just smiles at me, usually because I say, "darn I missed it!" ha!
It's so funny you're working on a shabby treasure...I was doing the same thing this weekend! I bought a cabinet at an estate sale for 5 bucks...it needs some serious love, but it was a nice piece once. Mahogany I think. I'm in the same boat as you...trying to figure out what color. And it's going in my dining area, just like yours. Since we're already on the same page, maybe we should both use the same color too, huh? I'm leaning towards black, but white, red and a light sagey green are all on the table. I'm stumped.
Sara, you crack me up about the bb gun! You are an FH girl :) I would have been shaking trying to pull the trigger tho ;)
I love that pic of Ava, it's so cute and so funny!
I'm sure any color you pic for the dresser will look great. I like anything white that is distressed, since it's antique, but yellow would be nice too. YOu are so talented, I want you to come and help me decorate my place, pretty please!! I'm heading to Rockaway this week, so I'm hoping to go Antique shopping but it all depends on the kiddos.
Love the pic's...boy you are busy!! I'm excited that the kids are playing soccer, how fun!
Okay, first of all...Ava's foot does look huge! That made me smile. And second, love that you are still rocking your rainbow flip-flops. Third...that little guy is adorable! I want one! :)
See you soon!
Love, Tori
You take the best pictures. I guess I am speaking on the last 4 posts or so since I am so way behind. THat pic of Ava laying her head on her hands, WOW! Way to go on getting to painting your treasurers. I am glad you are getting a website cause you got talent girl!!!
so darling! the pictures. where are you going to put your dresser. i am a sucker for white with come gray and teal peaking through. but that is such a beast of a project. layers of paint that you essentially strip away.
Post a Comment