At Jonah's 5 year check up they did the normal little eye exam they do each year, starting when they turn 3. It's nothing extensive, just standing in a certain spot and covering one eye and then naming the shapes and letters they see on a little poster. Well when he was looking with his left eye he wasn't getting too many of them correct. He finally just took his hand down and said, "this eye just doesn't work really great." So his doctor recommended he get his eyes checked. That was back in February and just a couple days ago I finally made the appointment for him.
Sean took him off-island to the doctor today. Just Jonah and his dad. It was a man trip to the eye doctor. Jonah was just pumped he was going to the Donut House to get a donut before the appointment. The boy loves donuts about as much as he loves his corn dogs. Such a health nut. ;) Anyway, the doctors visit was good. He has a slight stigmatism in the one eye, but nothing that needed a prescription. When he came home his eyes looked like this. Creepy. Check out the size of the pupil on your right?! My little man cub. He's growing up.
manual 1/50 f2.8 ISO 400 sooc





8 comments:
he is so handsome. i'm so glad it wasn't anything major with his eye.
ps i thought you were talking in spanish to me at the end of your post but then i figured it must be camera talk ;)
Jamie, I just laughed!!! Spanish.. I LOVE it. So funny. I've decided to post my camera settings so I can remember and maybe have it be second nature to me and not fumble around as much as I do. :) I'm a dork like that. Actually, I wish every photographer would do that. It'd be helpful to me.
Can we say spoiled?!! I love all these posts Sar! And James I totally laughed when I read your comment. Sara can I give you a big kiss for posting that info Love it. I don't know what the sooc means but I know everything else. Shweeet. I love you guys. Jonah is gonna break some girls heart one day. :)
I know, right? Two posts in one day!! I love to blog and I've missed it. So Kirra, sooc means straight out of the camera, I didn't edit it at all. If I edit one, I'll say what I edited it with. This is my new thing...we'll see how long I last! :) Because I feel the same, whenever I look at a photographers blog and see that I want to squeal with joy!! I probably shouldn't be the one to post it because I don't know what I'm doing, but it's a learning thing for me.
@Jamie I was thinking the same thing, but I was going to say chinese!
Nice Sara! Eye appointment nation. I had one the other day! Glad Jonah is okay to go without the glasses! Love the pic! And enjoyed the jumping picture of Stella! SHe is growing up!
Jonah is so sweet. Alexia has a stigmatism in one eye too. Remind me to talk to you about it next time I see you. We are now wondering why the Doctors said glasses were optional for her when she sees so much better with them???? But anyways, hope you decide to do that weekend, its looking better and better...I had a couple things I wasn't sure when they were and they are not that weekend :)
I'm glad he's ok!! But I think you need to forget kindergarten and get that kid STRAIGHT into a modeling contract... he is SOOOO handsome!! :) xo
Post a Comment