Friday, September 3, 2010

jonah's big day



A Second grader and a Kindergartner



This face pretty much sums up his feelings about going to school.  He was a little lot bit nervous and unsure because, as he would tell me, "I've just never been to school before."  But after much encouragement and reminders about getting to go to recess, he was ready.







Let's keep in mind it was early.  Thanks.








We got to the classroom without a hitch.  He remembered where he was supposed to hang his back pack and coat.  I honestly didn't get sad until I came home and looked at this picture.  I don't know how it happened.  I don't know how my boy is now old enough to be in kindergarten.  Where does the time go?  The saying is true, the days are long but the years are short.  I love you, Jonah bear.  I'm so so so proud to be your mom.



He picked out his book and went to sit in the "garden" with the rest of his friends and that's when I left.


When I went to pick him up he came out smiling and running and told me he likes school.  I'm glad, but there will always be a part of me that wishes he would want to stay home with me forever.

After school we made our way to Grandma's.  What's better than to end your first day of school with a ride on your Harley?!






I think he had a great first day.

11 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

You are such a blogging fiend these days! love. it. Oh how he will cherish these pictures some day. The pic with Ava reminds me of when I was the only one not in school and my bro and sis went to school...I felt left out, but then realized I had my daddy all to myself! :)

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

You are such a blogging fiend these days! love. it. Oh how he will cherish these pictures some day. The pic with Ava reminds me of when I was the only one not in school and my bro and sis went to school...I felt left out, but then realized I had my daddy all to myself! :)

Unknown said...

So many things I want to say about all those pictures...but I am just glad Jonah had a good day! Addison likes his shoes :) We recognized Ava's pj's and I love your coat/shirt!
Seriously though, where did that harley come from?
Jonah is as cute as they get!

Coupon Connections NW said...

Sara! For 8 am you look fabulous! What a cute little guy! I am so nervous for Dallas' first day, but I will be sure to mention that Jonah did great and so will he :)

And fabulous pictures as always!

Phil and Bri said...

I love that your face made it into a blog post :) And the Letter/Number idea is awesome! Great pics as always!

Jamie said...

i'm happy to hear that! jonah's harley is so cool! you look adorable in your cute jacket!

SomisSurferGirl said...

seriously brought tears to my eyes...my man will be there before i know it! love the pics, they are beautiful!

The McPoland Family said...

Oh my, how sweet he is. LOVE the photos, as always.

The Wilde Family said...

Such great pic's of your kids and you!! BTW, the Harley is super cool and I bet he loves driving it to your parents house.

Baby By The Sea said...

I love this back to school post all most as much as your cut-out "K" and "2" you crafty mama, you!

Beautiful. So inspiring to see the same big day in our household through another mama's eyes, within another's home.

xoxo

Karen said...

I love his first day outfit and his shoes!!! The harley is awesome too! What a little stud man!