I'm not sure why I combined these posts. It's late, and apparently that's the way my brain is working tonight. So if you've already commented, I love you for it. If you comment again, I'll love you even more. :) Here's a peek at our two days at the fair....
2 days of pure fun for the kids
According to Stella, "fair week is the best week of my life!"
2 days of corndogs
Jonah is getting after it in this picture. He looooooooves corn dogs.
Ava likes them too. The second day we went she said, "I want corn hot dogs for dinner."
Jonah really likes them. It looks like here that he has a special way of eating them. Awesome.
2 days of rides
Well, more like one day of looking at all the rides and deciding which one they would go on first the next day. Then one day of riding on as many of the rides as their hearts desired from 12-5pm, thanks to the trusty pink bracelets.
Since the kids are getting older and wiser (we can't get away with just "one ride fair days" anymore), we decided we'd try the bracelets.
We got our money's worth. Even if they wanted to ride on the same ride over and over and over... again, it still was a good deal.
Hands down...or up, this was Jonah's "bestest" ride! You may recall from my fair post last year that this ride wasn't his favorite. I'm happy he likes it now, it makes going to the fair a little more fun.
Tilt-a-Whirl was Stella's favorite. She would close her eyes and lay her head to the side while the ride was going. She looked like she was sleeping. She later told me, "I closed my eyes so it would help me breathe through it." :) It was a little intense for her, but I'm glad she learned to breathe through it.
2 days of looking at the biggest pig I have ever seen!

These pictures don't come close to doing this pigs size justice. It.was.HUGE! Like so huge, when-it-sat-on-a-few-of-her-piglets-she-squished-them, huge. Poor baby pigs. You can see some in the far right-hand corner. She had 13, but now there is only 10.
Crazy big pig. Wow.
2 days of eating junk
Elephant ears are the reason I go to the fair.
It was a fun 2 days.




















12 comments:
I LOVE this picture. The colors are perfect.
You might just have some of the cutest kids on the planet! Such 3 different personalities also! Miss ya Scheff! And I'm with Ava...those corndogs rock!
ok, those are the largest bags of cotton candy I have ever seen! Kara
I need to convince these crazy California schools NOT to start mid-August so we can come visit during fair week! Every year I see your pics of the fair and wish we could come. It looks like so much fun--the way our fair used to be back when I was a kid, before it got all ghetto. =)
Amazing! I too love the colors :)
Can't wait! I love how the FH fair still has the same ole' concession stand with all the fair goodies :)
Christina
these pictures make me so happy. wish i could've been there with you guys. i want some elephant ears too!
I love the pics I think Nathan and Jonah are brothers from different mothers.. hahah
Yumm... i missed the fair this year and didn't really care until i saw those corn dogs. Looks like the kids had a great time too. Miss you.
I said it on facebook and I'll say it again....somehow you make the fair look super cute. And somehow I don't remember it being that way :) I know its the cute kids you photograph..might be different if you got a picture of a carnival worker or better yet could somehow let us smell that pig. :) love ya!
I love your Fair pictures! The Birthday Jonah Guitar and the Jonah Corn Dog shots are my forever favorites of him. Now, Luke wants to challenge him to a corn dog eating contest.
Your ladies, all of a sudden they're so big and so bigger. When did that happen?
We're going for the bracelet next year. That way, the wad of tickets I put in the back pocket of my too-tight jeans won't get lost.
Collin and I were just laughing out loud at those corn dog pictures! I also like the different size portions on on cotton candy. He again is attacking it, and Stella is all delicate and cute!
Post a Comment