Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas break

Christmas break has come and gone.  Tomorrow morning the alarm clock will go off.  I'll have to get out of bed before 8:30am.  I'm going to have to pack lunches again.  It's back to racing out of the house to make it to school on time.  No more lounging in pj's until noon....sigh....it was good while it lasted.

It was SO fun getting all these Christmas cards in the mail.   


I can't even fit them all in the picture!!  Thank you to all of you that sent a card.  I have to say that it was sooooo cool to get cards from the families I took photos of.  You might recognize the photos of the one in the center with the baby.  It was such an amazing feeling to get their cards.  I almost cried - to know I took part in that and to see them in print...I loved it and it makes me want to do it again and again and again... 

Christmas Eve...

We celebrate on Christmas Eve with my family.  My mom made a turkey dinner complete with all the trimmings.  It was good.  After that it's time for a Christmas photo and then on to the church for the candle light service.  Then it's back to Grandma's to open gifts.

The Scheffer Family
 
minus Tricia and Koby and baby boy Arnold...we missed you guys!  It wasn't the same without you.


Grandpa and Grandma with all the grandchildren




Steve and Kelli



 
My sister, Kelli and I.  We look alike.  And we happened to dress alike over the break.  It makes our husbands crazy.  They have to check twice so they don't go pattin' the wrong bottom. ;) 

 

 

 
Stella got a snuggie and she's used it EVERY day since! :)


Jonah got his well awaited football helmet and uniform.  He was very excited.  He thought about sleeping with the helmet, but decided to just put it beside him on the bed.  Good choice, Jonah. :)

 
Ava got some playdough.  She already has a designated color just for her.  A nice grayish color that she mixed up the first day she played with it. :)

 
On Christmas morning Stella and Jonah opened up some new scooters from their Nana and Papa. 
If you want, please take note of Jonah's outfit.
If you want more details about it, call me.


Happy New Year!
On New Year's eve we were invited to some friend's house for a party.  It was fun!!  Yummy food, fun games, good friends and LOTS of children.

 
Sean ringing in the new year!

 
Ava's friend, Georgia rang in the new year, too.  Her and Ava were cute.  At one point, we caught them sitting by the food table reaching up with their little hands into the popcorn bowl.  I'm pretty sure they ate about half of the popcorn.  And then Ava polished up the ones that landed on the floor.  That's my girl, never wants to leave a mess. :)
 
I was worried Ava would turn in to this, staying up so late.  She surprised me, though and was great the whole night.  She made it to midnight better then me!  I was yawning like crazy. 
 
Then I layed her blanket on the floor.  She looked at me and said "nigh nigh?"  meaning - mom am I going to bed right here.  I said, "sure."  So she lays down and starts licking her blanket.  I think I've mentioned she licks her sheets when she goes to sleep???....yeah, she still does.



Ava helped me put away the tree...it's sad to see all the fun Christmas stuff be put away.  But it's fun to see the new "Christmas" stuff around the house...


adorable place-mats, cute clip holder for the girls in their bathroom, a beautiful afghan from Sean's mom...
 
a new Lang 2010 calender - my favorite, a desk organizer...

 
a cute P hook with my new apron...

 
I updated the silhouettes.  It was around this time last year when I first made them.  The difference in Ava's from last year to this year is crazy (click here to see).  Actually, it's quite sad.  She definitely is not a baby anymore.

Let's see...what else is "new" around the house...
 
Have you seen Ava's "new" smile? 

XOXO

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Sara, there is so many comments I could make! But I do have to say something about how Stella is sitting in the family pictures (which turned out so good) it just does make me smile :) As does so many other things you posted. Thanks for taking the time to do it, Love you!

Sandhya said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you had an amazing Christmas full of family and lots of fun! I love the pictures of Ava wrapped in the Christmas lights....so precious. And I really want the instructions on how to make those sillouettes of the kids! Hope you have a wonderful day going back to school!

The Parsons' blog said...

Kelli - yes, there are many more things I would have commented on, too, but I left it up to your imaginations... :)

Sandhya - the silhouette's are super easy. All you do is put the kids in the same spot and take a picture of their profile. Then print them out, I did a 5X7 size, cut them out, and then paint them black. Then glue them to a white piece of paper, frame it and your finished!! They're fun.

The McPoland Family said...

Oh I love this...the family photos are amazing!! Who took it?? :) The kids are so cute, and tell Stella I have a pink Snuggie too! I love the apron hook...what a great idea, maybe I'd use my apron more if I had a cool hook to put it on! :) What a blessing...I know what you mean about getting out of bed to make lunches, that's tomorrow for me!!!

Sandhya said...

Wow....thanks for the sillouette instructions....that sounds like something I could do! I'm totally going to try it. (That is-once I can get each kid to sit still in the same place as the last kid :)

lmngirls said...

can you send me your email? My sister was wondering about your verse signs and your recipe for the cupcake stick things....also regarding your Xmas cards, my friend (see The Naimos blog) has a great idea for using your old xmas cards as a prayer book thing... they pray for the families in the pix! She explains more in her blog
Christina
missleaman@yahoo.com

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Sara, I always look forward to your posts my friend!! I love the pictures of Ava in the lights. They are the coolest pictures. And you have an incredibly beautiful family. Your sister and you do look a lot alike. And did I tell you I did the sillouettes awhile back. Everyone that sees them loves them. And then I tell them my friend showed me how. Your kids are definitely growing up, especially Ava! Three beautiful children my friend!! Love to you!

Deanna said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! That last one of Ava made me laugh! As always, LOVE your photos!

Kirra said...

i love it all! i love stella's pose in the one with the grandparents, i love ava with the twinkle lights and her silly new smile, i love jonah's outfit, and i love your new apron and hook! soo fun! and the pics are incredible, as always! you're so good. wanna come to chicago and teach me?

Jamie said...

how fun! you guys are the cutest family! i love stella's snuggie! ava is a little night owl. so awesome she stayed up till midnight! and jonah's utfit, gotta love it! i love all of your christmas presents sara! i am in love with your new apron and your P hook too! i just love aprons. i have one you would like cause it's from anthro, our favorite store!

Jenny M. said...

these pics make me really sad for tricia!! know how hard it is too be far away esp at christmas!

you are one blessed bunch!

Kristy said...

We're back to school tomorrow, and I'm feeling pretty bummed about it too. How does vacation go so fast??

Love the pics and seeing your cuties, as always! Sean's face with his party hat on cracks me up--I've seen that look before on Jeremy when he's being silly. They're too much alike, those boys.

Kim @ The Gab said...

Thanks for your comment Sara! I love the pictures of the P-hook and apron. We need to come see you. I've never been to your island!

The Wilde Family said...

Yeah I love all the photos and what a beautiful family you have. It's so great to have big families and lots of little ones to be around during Christmas. I commend you on staying up until midnight with the kiddos. Ry and I only made it to 10 pm,lol! I love it that Stella got a snuggie, My brother-in-law got a zebra one. They are so popular this year. Ok, so where did you get the P hook and apron?? Can I copy you?? I love your style girl :) Great pic of Ava smiling, too funny!!

Karen said...

Hey Scheff....so I was dying at Miss Stella's pose in the family pictures. She is so sophisticated and grown up!!! My oh my, our girl is growing up! Great family picture though...and I love Ava's new smile! So funny!

Tori said...

Ummmmm.....so Stella & I both got snuggies for Christmas....word to that!!! :) Love all the pictures. You have a beautiful and wonderful family! All your nieces and nephews are so grown up! Glad you enjoyed your time with all of them! I miss you and your family A LOT!