I was able to spend my Anthropologie gift card last weekend. I found many yummy things, but my favorite purchase was these little birdie salt and pepper shakers. They make me happy.
I'm just getting over a cold that lasted, oh... 4 WEEKS!
Whenever Ava goes anywhere she runs and right before she stops she jumps. And I mean anywhere - down the hall - run, jump, stop.
Apparently I only sound good when I sing at church. Jonah said to me, "mom don't sing in the car, you only sound good at church."
Jonah is turning 5 years old this Sunday and he'd like a dinosaur cake. The dinosaur is to have white teeth and blue eyes.
Ava no longer calls Stella, Della. She now calls her Stel-wa.
On the drive to school this morning, Stella told me she'd like an art studio. And instead of selling lemonade at the end of our driveway, she'd sell her art.
I've been blessed by my woman's bible study. I'm the youngest there, but there is so much to learn from these older ladies. Right now we're studying Having a Mary Spirit. Something that hit home with me, that I read in the first lesson was this....
"My deepest fear is waking up twenty years from now still the same woman I am today. With the same annoying habits and petty attitudes; with the same besetting sins and false beliefs. I can't imagine anything more terrible then getting to the end of life only to discover that God had so much more in mind for me - more freedom, more joy, more peace, more true effectiveness. And I had missed it all, simply because I refused to change."
My tulips and daffodils are coming up. It makes me so excited for spring.
My sister is having a baby in six weeks. I CAN'T WAIT!
I'm making Pioneer Woman's pizza tonight.
Sean's thankful for the Pioneer Woman.
The other morning after Sean left for work, Ava grabbed her back pack put on her boots and then said to me, "I'll be back."
Let's see, what else....
I've been blessed to be asked to come into peoples homes and take photos of their children. It truly is such an amazing thing. I love it, yes I have heaps and heaps of stuff to learn, but it's so fun for me. I hope more and more and more people ask me. Here's a few of my favorite shots from last Wednesday.
xoxo










18 comments:
A faithful reader and student here!Please come to my home!!!!!!!!!! Amazing pics!
Great to have you back... love all the pics... you are amazing with a camera. I can't believe that Jonah is going to be five... it goes so fast!!!! Lets see a pic of the little birdies you just got!!
Beautiful pictures, Sara! Glad your healthier and have the computer back....such a great feeling!
Hey Sara! I made PW's pizza last week! It was really good, but the potatoes were still raw by the time everything else was golden and bubbly. Maybe I didn't slice them thin enough...oh well.
I've been wanting to ask you about doing another sign! Are you still doing that, or are you too busy taking awesome pictures? :) I am renting a 50mm lens that should be here next week...can't wait! O.k. this is long, I should have just emailed you, sorry!
ahhh yes Sara you have been missed - darn internet! Okay and that quote from you bible study - I must print that out and post it somewhere.....I love it!!!
I'm so excited for you and your pictures and how much you're learning and growing - I love watching and waiting with anticipation for your next post and your next picture. Keep going my friend you have a talent that I and so many others love to glean from!
Hugs xoxo
Love the pictures, and it's nice to know what you've been up to. I've been sick too, no fun! booo!
I love the baby pic's...precious.
It's good to have your blog back! Your post has a lot, so my comments are a little random:
1. Your kids are hilarious.
2. At least you sing good somewhere, right?
3. How is it that you live so far away and yet somehow we both have the 4 week long cold. I finally got better after 2 and a half weeks, had exactly 3 days of only a little coughing, and then it migrated into my sinuses. Now I'm coughing again. What?!
4. Amazing pictures, and oh, those eyelashes on the first one. Be still my heart.
I was a little quick with that post button...
5. That quote is a killer. Yikes.
6. A picture of the salt & pepper shakers, if you please?
That's it!
Yes I agree salt shakers deserve a picture. Sara can I come live with you? You just always make me happy. I believe it is the Jesus in you that does that :)
love the update and the pics! i wish i lived closer so you could take pics of my cutie pies. maybe next time i come to fh????
Great post! Children are such a blessing and they say the cutest things too!! Are those real lashes on the baby...I have to know! :)
Thanks for all the love, friends!
Jenny - Sean and I should make a trip across the mountains. That would be SO fun! When do you want us? :)
Andrea - way to make a girl cry. Thank you for your sweet words.
Amber - yes please. Come experience life on an island!!
Macaulay - Yes! I'd LOVE to. Please!!!
Bri - those eye lashes are the real deal. Crazy, huh?! In the first picture the light caught her eye just perfect!
Love, love, love! You are dangerously good with that camera. And hooray for the dino cake! I love dinosaurs. Just one more thing I could talk with your kiddos about if I was their babysitter for your dates nights! Hmph. If only I had a private jet I could use!!!
Sara my sweet friend! I missed you! It is so good to hear what's been happening in the Parson family's lives! I love you all! I could cry for you over Jonah turning 5, in fact i got a bit teary-eyed....let's see what else? oh i love that you picked out those cute little s&p shakers at anthro! Mostly, I am just happy you are in a women's bible study that you really like and that you are using your gift of photography to bless others. the picture of the 3 girls is so BEAUTIFUL! xoxo
Jamie, come to my house. Miss you.
Kirra, move to Washington. :)
hey Sara!! yay you're back in blogland :) Love the quote, especially the part about God having so much more in store for us than we think He does. We soemtimes think we're these awful people who don't deserve anything... which being technically true is completely washed away because Jesus died for us! So I say sayonara to that woman in me that feels that way and rock on to all that God has in store. YEEHAW! :)
ps - I knew I liked you, fello Anthro girl!!!! :)
Sara it's so good to read your post and hear what you have been up to. Your pictures are amazing and that baby girl is beautiful.
Your bible study sounds amazing. Who is the auther of that book? Most of the ladies in my study are older too and I just love them like sisters. I learn so much from them and every time I join a study. It keeps me on my toes and humbled, that's for sure. Speaking of the quote from the book, it's so True!!
Glad you got to shop with your GC's, so much fun :)
Post a Comment