Monday, December 28, 2009

winter boots

Some people go to Christmas parties wearing their best Christmas sweaters.  But I'm thinking Jonah and Ava could have a party and it would be to come wearing your best winter boots. I'm pretty sure they would win. Especially when they're worn with shorts or just in diapers...and when worn on the wrong feet (Jonah)...and when they are so old that their mom once wore them.



We're thankful for Grandma's closet and the endless supply of boots you'll find in there. Boots of all shapes, colors and sizes.  Boots from all generations.
Bring on the parties, bring on the snow...they're ready!

11 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

Sara those are so cute! I love kids in boots! P.S. I want to come to the island! It sounds like so much fun!

Jamie said...

ha ha, i love it! it's a flash back to the 80's and thank you stella and jonah for bringing the party back!

i need to blog sara! i have been so busy and then when i do have time i just want to veg out(i think i may be getting sick too)... love you!

Kim @ The Gab said...

This reminds me of the Waterville closets. I'm sure Karen could pull out some winners! :)

The Wilde Family said...

Sara I love that your mom still has some of your boots. Oh cool is that?! and I love the 80's boots. I had a sweet pair of purple cabbage patch ones from 4th grade. Sadly they are RIP now. Can't wait to see some Christmas pics.

Love,
Christina

The Guyser Family said...

Love that those were once yours, so cute!!! Glad boots with diapers never go out of style... :)

The McPoland Family said...

How cute is that?!?!!? You have to break out this picture when they are older...so precious!

jorden9879 said...

How fun! Even more fun that they used to be your boots! Love the Christmas post. You had some really neat pictures in there. Your family photo was really good! I didn't get to sending out a Christmas card this year, O well. Loved getting yours. I hope it snows this year, not looking good though. At least your kids are ready if it does!!!

The Parsons' blog said...

Jorden - we missed your card!

Kim - I just laughed out loud thinking about Karen's parent's closet. Ha!! Funny!

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

I love it Sara!! Your house looked incredible at Christmas and your pictures of those two children were absolutely beautiful!! I have prayed on a few occasions for the Lord to open up doors to do photography and it looks like He is answering our prayers! You are gifted Sara! Love you friend!!

Kirra said...

Those boots rock. I love this picture! Did you do something to make it have that worn look? And how did you cut the edges to make them rounded? Is that all is PS 6.0? :)

Karen said...

Jonah is cracking me up....and Ava too! Did you seriously wear those boots that she had on? Hand-me-downs are the best:)