Monday, August 24, 2009

Good Times With My Best Girls


Mt. Constitution '09


On July 25th, Tori, Jen, Karen and I went over to Orcas Island and hiked Mt. Constitution. It was a 7.2 mile round trip adventure. It was pretty intense, well at least the last mile and a half up. Those last switch backs went on forever. I think they should have been called long-backs. It felt like they were long and straight up. We made it though, and the view from the top was awesome - well worth all the sweat. We stayed at the top for awhile. We took in the gorgeous views, ate some yummy snacks and took some photos. Then we headed down. We pretty much ran down. It was easier than walking. After the hike we went and walked around Eastsound for awhile then headed back to the ferry. The inter-island ferry provides puzzles to do while the boat is sailing. We pretty much rocked the puzzle. We worked on one going over and then ran to find the same one on the way back. We almost finished it. It was a fun day.



Lake Chelan '09


One of the things I look forward to most about the summer is our annual LC weekend. It never fails to be a good time. This year 9 of us made it (we missed you Kate!). I'm the 5th out of the blogging friends to post pictures of the weekend. You can check out Jen's, Jorden's, Molly's and Reese's to get their point of view. While there, the weather was perfect, the lake was stellar, the tubing was intense - my whole body hurt, even my face from laughing - but the company is why I go. I've truly been blessed with some of the best friends ever. I can't wait for next year!

Out on the lake...


Just call me grace...
Ok, so I had a couple minor incidents. Let me just get this out of the way. I fell. No, I mean I really fell. Big time fall. It was dark. There was a concrete parking divider. I didn't see it. Both of my feet tripped on it. I flew. Then I landed. Then I slid for like a mile. On gravel. It was loud. Someone should have yelled "SAFE" because that's what it felt like - like I was sliding into home. I came up laughing. It was a good time. The next day, while playing paddle ball, I somehow managed to scrape a huge chunk of skin off of my big toe. It bled. A lot. Sean would have told me "No playing paddle ball with flip flops!" But Sean wasn't there to tell me, so I hurt my big toe instead. I put a massive band-aid on it and all was well. Life went on at the lake. Here's me, showing a sad face from my gravel scraped hands to the gi-normous band-aid toe.

I got over it. Moving on...


A night out for dinner at a local winery and then a trip to Lakeview for HUGE ice cream cones...


Hanging out at Walmart, buying matching shirts from Walmart, trying to get jumping pictures at Walmart- we're cool like that at WALMART...


Roasting marshmellows, setting the self-timer to do rapid-fire-shots while shouting out different faces to make for the camera - we're crazy like that...

gangster, thumbs-up, surprised, scale-stretch (??), angry face (Molly, you make me laugh hard in this one), crazy face



It was a great trip. I LOVE my friends.

All images courtesy of - Karen, Liz and Jen. Thanks for the great photos girls!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go back!!!

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

Sara it was so good to hang!!!! Miss every one already!! The post was great really capptured some of the fun!! Can't wait til next year!!!

Karen said...

Sara, love the blog pictures. I laughed out loud AGAIN! I think you should have done a close up of the bloody toe though! Um, and also, I'm still impressed with your hops in the pictures! I need to learn that:)

Jamie said...

all of you girls are GORGEOUS! i really like that you and erin have matching cool plaid on. i love the one of you and karen up close and i laughed and loved the one of jordan jumping. i feel complete knowing i have seen all the blog girls trips to lake chelan. good times!

The Wilde Family said...

What a blast Sara & to have a girls trip every year, so cool!! Looks ike you have some great friends and made some great memories.

The Wilde Family said...

(BTW) too cute, we were both leaving comments at the same time on our blogs. We both must be relaxing & catching up on blogging :)
Hope ur doing well & have a great week. My mom & norm are coming to visit this weekend, so I am so excited to see them.

Christina

Tori said...

Okay, I know it wasn't fun that you tripped over the log in the dark...but it was still just funny! After I knew you were okay, it felt so good to just laugh so hard about it! Love the blog entry. I gotta get on it! Miss ya Sara! Thanks again for hosting us during the Mt.Constitution Trip!

The McPoland Family said...

Wow, looks like you gals had SO much fun!!! I love all the pictures...what great memories you will have. I hope you still do that when you're in your 70's!!!

Kirra said...

Okay SO FUN! I remember when I was a wee little 17 year old and met Erin for the first time and when I first learned of all your LC trips I thought, "Wow, that is so cool." And guess what. I still think it's SO COOL. What a unique and special time for all of you! I know Erin so looks forward to it- and it is SO fun to see pictures from the trip! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself so much! Geesh! And way to go climbing a mountain! Holy cow woman!

Jenny M. said...

Tricia always tells me she wishes a group of us could do the same kind of trip...what a special time for all of you. I LOVE Lake Chelan!!

Glad you survived all your injuries and lived to tell. Great pics!

The Guyser Family said...

Looks like so much fun with your friends, how special that you can do that every year!

jorden9879 said...

Wish I could have made the hike with you girls. It looks breath taking! Love the LC Pics I love how you laid it out. Black and white pic at the end is awesome. Miss you already. Hope your toe is feeling better!!!