Below is a picture of Sean and I. A picture of us from college, young and in love. It cracks me up. First of all, we look like we're 10 years old. Secondly, Sean's hair. Thirdly, Sean's shirt (I won't mention my shirt, I'm pretty sure I snatched it from my roommate). If you look close at Sean's shirt you'll see it says Friday Harbor, and no, I didn't buy it for him. He had actually purchased the shirt himself when he visited Friday Harbor with his family while still in high school. Crazy huh?! I could have walked past him in town or he could have seen me while I was working at the little Mexican restaurant. It's a small world. It's just one of the many reasons why I knew we were meant for each other. Which brings me to...
...a very special day that has now come and gone.
Sean and I celebrated our 9th anniversary last month. Well, actually we didn't celebrate. I told Sean, "Lets just save the money we'd spend on going out to dinner and put it towards our trip to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary." He smiled. Okay, that's not the real reason we didn't celebrate. Although, I do feel it's a good enough reason and one I plan to follow up on. The real reason is because the Bateman family came for a visit. Sean's cousin Jeremy, his wife Kristy and their three children, Kaylee, Maya and their newly adopted son, Israel came all the way up from Hemet, California. It was such a treat to have them in our home town. We have a good time when we're together. I'm thankful they had the courage to come this far ;) (inside joke - Kaylee prayed, the night before they were going to leave, "dear Jesus, thank you for giving us the courage to come to Stella's house..." or something along those lines - so funny!).
The picture below is what our kids looked like the last time they came up to Friday Harbor.
Jonah, Stella, Kaylee and Maya
4 years and a couple more kids later...
Day 1 - A relaxing day at the pond.
They stayed in the water so long they had some major prune hands (which totally makes me think of the Saturday Night Live skit...anyone remember, anyone??)
Day 2 - A trip to Lime Kiln State Park a.k.a. the whale watching park.
We spotted some Orcas. There were probably around 40 to 50 of them. They were really far out at first.
Then this guy started coming in hot from the left.
It was pretty amazing seeing them up close in the wild.
Day 3 - A trip to Eagle Cove
After the beach we came back and had some dinner. For dessert we roasted some s'mores over our new fire pit that was literally built back on day 2.
Please excuse my daughter, she knows not what she wears.
Day 4 - Sunday
We went to church, more swimming in the pond and then ended the night with ice cream in town.
Please excuse my daughter, she knows not what she wears.
It was such a fun time. Come visit us again!


















12 comments:
2 thumbs up for sound of music & nacho libre! and a big whoo hoo to your and seans 9 years of marriage together! i once again was teary eyed. i loved this post so much and the pictures are some of my favorite ever! i love that your friends adopted their little boy. god is good! my parents were both adopted too. thanks for the wonderful post friend u r so creative!
Such cute pics, looks like the kids had a blast together. Beautiful wedding pics, that's is crazy that Sean had visited Friday Harbor before you met!
Hi Sara!! I loved seeing all these pic's and going down memory lane to see the pic of you and Sean in College. Your wedding pic's are beautiful too! The kids looked like they had a great time being together, so much fun. I love the pic of the girls in the Kayak, is that your parents pond?
BTW, this family likes Nacho Libre too, so funny :)
Christina
Waaaaaahhhh. I want to come back!!!!
I can not believe how little those kids were the last time we came and how big they are now. Waaaaaaaah, again!!
Seriously, we had so much fun, and the pictures made me laugh, thinking of the boys building the fire pit on a whim, the listerine bug repellent, all of the kung fu that was going on, the kids swimming styles, etc. etc.
Oh, and Kaylee's prayer was thanking God that you guys had the courage to let us come and visit.
I'd say she was right on, it takes courage to take on our whole family for 5 days. But we're so glad you did!! Thanks for a great vacation!
Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! Great pics as always...how funny that Sean had been in F.H. before you guys met! I hope to be back to blogging here soon...the summer just got away from me. Hope you're enjoying the sunshine!
Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the older pictures of you guys...you look so young and your wedding pictures are so pretty! The kids look like they had a blast at the beach!
Love love love all the pic's...! I love the one of Ava covered in sand...and the whale watching is fabulous!!!! WOW! Those were the days...makes me appreciate it more now seeing those pic's. Glad you had a fun time with everyone, all the kids are SO cute.
Ahhh I think you and sean look so cute together ;) Pictures are amazing and tell Stella I love her groovy glasses :)
Great pictures, Sara!! Makes me want to ride that ferry over to Friday Harbor and get some ice cream!!
ok Sara, you TOTALLY look 10 years old in that pic! HA! Just reminds me how much of a whipper-snapper you guys are. hahaha And those pics of Ava are too dang cute. She looks like she's channeling Betty Rubble with that hair! I love it!
Wow, some serious pictures of what summer is all about! I love the orca picture. That is crazy that you just "saw" them in the wild. I can't even imagine!!
Holy Stinkin' Moly! I can't believe the Bateman's live in HEMET?!?! Please come down here and visit- then we can see you guys. How fun would that be? I'm tripping out about that right now- I know I've seen them-just cant place them for some reason
Post a Comment