Saturday, December 6, 2008

A year ago today...

... I looked like this (thank goodness for stretchy shirts!!). I was standing in my nephew's room taking a picture at 5:30am. We were ready to make our way to the hospital to meet our new baby girl. Stella and Jonah stayed with Aunt Kelli and Uncle Steve, and Sean and I headed out.

A year ago today, Ava Evelyn came screaming into the world at 10:10 am and what a blessing it was to hear that scream. She weighed 7lb 8oz and was 19 1/2 in. long. A little peanut compared to my other two.
A year ago today, our family of four became a family of five.
A year ago today, two children became three.

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

We love you!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ava! I knew it was SOMEONE'S birthday today! Hooray for One Year Olds! I love this stage :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ava!! Have a great weekend celebrating her 1st birthday. It's so amazing how fast they grow. Such precious moments to look back on. BTW, you looked great Sara. I love preggo pic's and miss being preggo's.

Christina

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ava! Oh- how sweet your little love is. :) Reading your entry is making me hyperventilate... just the thought of going from 4 to 5 and 2 to 3 kids. But look at how fast the year went and how beautiful she is :)

Anonymous said...

Sara, Ava is absolutely precious, her sweet face is sooo yummy. Isn't it sad how quickly it goes by? You wish you could bottle up every little phase that they go through. Give Ava girl a big birthday hug and I hope you are having a beautiful December! Do you get snow on Friday Harbor?

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful I've seen Ava 4 different times (although twice was at Children's hospital...booo!!) during her first year of life!!!! What a precious gift!

Anonymous said...

How cute is she...and very precious! Happt Birthday...I love the last group of pic's...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ava, I remember when Judah turned 1. They grow so quickly, I wish we could just freeze them in time at certain stages, but they keep getting cuter.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ava! I was thinking about her stay in the hospital and looking at her pictures now and I'm just in awe of all that God does. Birthdays are great reminders of His faithfulness! And I have to add that I really wish that I made as cute of a pregnant lady as you did...a stretchy shirt would have been baaaaaaad news for me that far into my pregnancies!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post. What a thoughtful mommy you are! Are you printing these posts or making them into a book?

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! And you were one beautiful pregnant momma! Happy Birthday Ava!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already a year old. How time fly's. She is such a doll. What a wonderful family you have!

Anonymous said...

belated happiest!!!