Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving has come and gone already. This past year was definitely a year with many things to be so thankful for. It's amazing to look back and see God's hand in it all - from Sean's new job, to Ava's health, to Andrew surviving a plane crash, to Tricia's wedding...there is so much to thank the Lord for.

We had a good Thanksgiving. It's always hard to not be with all our family, but all in all the day was good. Later, after we had eaten our Thanksgiving meal, Jonah said, "Thanksgiving was fun!" It is fun. It's fun to spend time with family and just relax. It also doesn't hurt that the food is pretty good and the desserts aren't too bad either.

Jonah tasting the "bird" as he called it.
Grandpa and him making sure it tasted OK.

We also managed to get our Christmas picture taken. It's nothing special. Pretty much just a picture where all 10 eyes are actually on the camera! It gets a little harder with each child. So in the next couple weeks some of you might see our bright, cheery faces come to you in the mail ;)
(p.s. The family picture above isn't the Christmas picture... if you were wondering. I'm going to keep you in suspense ;)


Oh, and if you're wondering what to do with a bounty of buns and some left over Egg Nog, I suggest you make French Buns (toast). It's gooooood. Even the Ava girl was saying "nummmm, mmmmmmm, nummmmmm, mmmmmmm...." the entire time she was eating! I also should point out I'm not a big fan of drinking Egg Nog (gag me, you couldn't pay me to actually), but bread dipped in it and then a little butter, powder sugar and syrup...I'm sold!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sara you guys are the cutest family. It's good to hear how the Lord has blessed you guys this past year so much.

Anonymous said...

Sara, I am so glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!! I love Stella's drawings too. I know what you mean about getting a family photo. That was on our list to do but somehow fell through the cracks. Ava just won't sit still. Your family takes great pic's. Thanks so much for the buns/fudge recipes. I plan on making them on my time off during Christmas. Have a blessed weekend.

Love,
Christina

Anonymous said...

Looks like your family had such a great Thanksgiving! I love seeing everyone's holiday traditions...and I think I will have to add those egg nog buns to my new tradition...thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving... lots of good food and family... glad to hear it... can't wait for the Christmas card!!!! Shockingly I actually did them this year and they are on the way!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the drawings and I'm going to try that recipe since I can't stand eggnog either! :) So glad you had such a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Sara - Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for Sean's Job, Trisha's wedding, and BAby Ava also!!!!! Very neat to see all those prayers answered! I made it home from Denver! *sigh* Lots of people watching yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I have a Paula Dean recipe for french toast casserole, and I am SO using eggnog next time I make it. Brilliant! I am afraid that I am not willing to use delicious homemade dinner rolls for french toast though. They are just too good on their own! By the way, where is baby Ava and who is that little girl in your family picture?