Monday, September 8, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus...

Stella rode on the bus this morning. Her little friend Rachel who is in Kindergarten, and she also happens to be our neighbor, is going to be riding the bus to school in the mornings. After talking to Rachel's mom last night, I asked Stella if she would like to ride the bus with her and she said, without a doubt, "YES!!!" I of course asked again this morning saying "are you sure you want to??" (hoping she may have changed her mind) and her answer was still the same. So I walked her down the road this morning and she was beyond cute. The walk was filled with a lot of nervous chatter. After she got on the bus, I was really tempted to run back home, hop in my car and follow her to the school so I could be there to help her off the bus. I'm anxious to hear how it went, and get a feel if I think it's a good idea for her to ride again (in other words grill her with a thousand questions). I was telling someone the other day that I feel like my parenting funnel (a term used in a parenting class Sean and I took) is getting huge and it is taking everything in me not to want to make it small and narrow again, and have the control I once had. On the walk home I prayed for Stella. I prayed her and Rachel would become fast friends, because Rachel comes from a good, church going family. I prayed for her tender heart and mind that the Lord will protect it from all the garbage in this world. And I prayed for wisdom for Sean and I, that we would raise her in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. So... is it normal to cry when you daughter goes to school on the 3rd day?? I can't wait for it to be 11am so I can go pick her up.

This picture is blurry but she was just too cute on the walk down

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara- That is so cute.... I don't think I would have had your strength... I would have been in my car behind the bus. I just hate that they get bigger... I would love to stop Lauren just where she is.

Anonymous said...

oh... i remember riding the bus to school. i also love that she is in fall clothes, it is still 90+ degrees here in callie. hang in there, mama! hopefully by the 3 week of school there will be no more tears! :)

Anonymous said...

That was so stinkin' cute! I loved it. I also LOVE the picture of Stella in her hat. So cute.

Anonymous said...

too cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your honesty, it is good for a new mom like me to read your struggles! Tonight as I was putting Liv to bed I prayed some of those same prayers for her! I think being a parent is going to teach me FAITH big time!!

Anonymous said...

Sara, I remember putting my little one on the bus to kindergarten, jumping in the car and riding to the school through blurred vision, so I can watch him get off the bus. You showed such constraint. I remember it like yesterday, my throat still gets tight. Same thing happened when I took him to college. He'll be 24 years old next month. They will always be your baby. Kris

Anonymous said...

Since I saw this post, I've been waiting to hear how Stella did on the bus and whether it's going to become a regular part of the school routine...I have to say, you are a very brave mama indeed. I don't know if I could have resisted the temptation to follow the bus to school. Shoot, I don't know if I could have resisted the temptation to march right onto that bus and ride next to her all the way!

Anonymous said...

I cried when Lucas left on the bus the first time this summer. I know what you mean about grilling them about how the bus ride was. Lucas was begging me to ride the bus. So, this year I gave in and he rides the bus home from school which is super helpful with nap time.