Friday, September 12, 2008

While Stella's Away at School


A morning in the lives of Ava and Jonah...




When we get home from dropping Stella off, it's time for Ava's morning nap. This is pretty much all she does until it's time to go and pick Stella up. I know my days are numbered before this precious time comes to an end. I think when both Stella and Jonah were between 9 to 10 months they started weening off this nap. I'm hoping Ava can hold out until she's one, we'll see how that works out for me ;) Jonah has been using this time to play and of course ask a few (hundred) times if it's time to pick Stella up yet. It's funny because he has yet to go upstairs and play by himself. I'm thinking it's kind of sacred ground for him up there because up until now, it has always been him and Stella who play up stairs. So for now he has been kickin' it downstairs with me, playing race cars on the couch and then watching a little of, yep you guessed it, the movie Cars on my bed. The boy still loves his race cars and he still has high hopes to one day get a real one. This morning he says to me... "mom lets go on a hunt." and I ask, "What do you want to hunt for?" and he says, "Race cars." (should have known) then I ask, "Where are we going to hunt for those at?" and he replies "In the forest."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Drew is going to Love Jonah! His new obsession is Cars too! They are gonna have such a blast in October! I'm so excited for you guys to hang out, and I know Erin can hardly wait! Your kids are so fun, Sara!

Anonymous said...

I love Stella's comment on the "fast food things." I wonder what kind of magical machine she's picturing in her mind that's in the back at burger king making food so fast. All I know is, I want one too!

Anonymous said...

The color looks great, Dylan said Mom Mrs. Parson's is so good at blogging "but not as good as those secret agents". He says some funny things, I knew you would would get a kick out of it

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a marvelous time, But as you say it probarbly won't last too long.

Anonymous said...

Sara...did I tell you your house looks like Pottery Barn!!!??? Can you come and paint mine that way?!
My mom also loves your blog...very classy looking she said. :)