Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm overcome with sadness. Matt Johnson, who I've asked for prayer here and here, has lost his fight against cancer and went home to be with the Lord his Saviour this afternoon. My heart breaks for Jackie, the kids, and the whole family. Please lift up Jackie in prayer that the Lord will comfort her and strengthen her for the tough road ahead. Jackie, I don't know if you'll read this but please know we love you and will never stop praying for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Sara, I will be praying for you guys and the Johnson family.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Jackie and the kids...I can't even imagine the depth of their sadness right now. I'll pray that the love and comfort of the Lord will be more real to them now than ever before.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be praying too.

Anonymous said...

I will pray too! Heavenly Father this is one of the hardest things for me to hear. I pray You will give them comfort and strength. I ask that you will bring people around them not for a week or a month but for years to come. Telling the children about what a great dad they had. Bless this family with courage.
Sara do they live near me at all??