Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update...

Thank you to all who are praying. It is so comforting to know I have prayer warriors out there for Ava and it's even more comforting to know that the Lord hears those prayers and is faithful to answer them according to His will and purpose.

I just got back from the medical center. They did another blood test to check her white cell count and she was also given another shot of antibiotics. The good news is her white count has improved and come down. Sunday it was at 28,000, but today it has come down to 19,000 (with normal being 10,000). She obviously is still sick and we still covet your prayers. She is not as listless as she once was, and she is more willing to move her arms around, but she has yet to really kick or stand on her legs - so please keep praying. It's hard as a mom watching them shove all those drugs into such a little body, but like her nurse said - she is one sick little baby girl. So I can only pray the drugs will do what they are intended to do and heal her. I bring her back in tomorrow for another follow up.

Thanks again for all the prayers.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Tori has sent me your blog and also
shared her concern for Ava. I know
that she loves you and your kids so
much. I'm praying for you all and
know that having a sick child is NOT easy but like you stated the Lord is completely soverign and He will heal her in His time and His plan...He loves her even more than you and Sean. May God give you His
peace as you care for her. I understand the tears as I tear up everytime I think of you and your "motherly" love for your child.
I'm praying for her and you !!
In Christ's Love,
BARB(Tori's mom )

Anonymous said...

Sara! I just read this and can't believe what poor, sweet Ava is going through! We are sending you lots of love and praying for her little body to heal quickly. I can not imagine how scary this all was (is) for you guys! Thank you for keeping us updated in the midst of it all.

Hang in there!! Jenny

Anonymous said...

Sara, I am praying for little Ava. So glad to hear she is improving. I will also be praying for you and Sean.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't feel I should stop to chat - was feeling pretty bad myself - but my blood count was fine - so the thought was viral.

We will be praying for you both and Ava.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update and I am going to be praying my brains out for you girl and you!! Love you much!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm one of Amber Red's friends and will definitely be praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

We love you all, Parsons family, and are praying with you for Ava. Praise the Lord for an improved white count! We are praying for peace and wisdom for you and Sean too.

Love,
The Holts

Anonymous said...

Sara,
I'm so sorry about Ava. That's so sad that her little body is in pain. Taylor and I will be praying for your little one and for the two of you.
Kirra

Anonymous said...

I am still praying and I love you and want you to know no worries about the sign. You just stay concentrated on your family and getting through this time with Ava.