Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Keep Praying!

I can't express enough how thankful I am to each of you for praying for Ava and for Sean and I. Please keep praying!

Another visit to the medical center today, and another shot of antibiotics for Ava. She is definitely showing signs of improvement, yet she is still not 100%. I think our main concern now is her legs and why she isn't really using them. She wiggles her toes and occasionally bends her legs at the knee, but it's like she has dead weight from the waist down, she has yet to stand or bounce on your lap like normal. We're headed to Children's Hospital tomorrow to see the 'infectious disease specialist.' So I'm asking you to pray for us tomorrow, that we'll get answers to our questions. Such as - What are the lasting effects of this? Is there a chance of re-occurrence? How did she get this, and what can we do to avoid ever getting it again?!.... Pray also for Ava, for comfort because I'm sure there will be a lot of pokes and not many naps. Pray also for complete healing in her little body, that tomorrow she'll be kicking those legs again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have had your hands full and we will be praying.

Anonymous said...

We're still praying as is the whole church - when you update your blog I send out a broadcast - the more praying the better!!!

We really care about your family.

PS My bug is on the way out!

Anonymous said...

We are praying way up here in Alaska for your precious Ava whom we have not met yet. We love you guys and pray for you often, but espeially right now.
Love,
Gary and Margo

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying the Lord comforts you guys Sara- I know how emotional these things can be. Take heart that we're praying to the master physician himself :)

Anonymous said...

We're praying for sweet Ava and all the doctors involved. I know your hearts are heavy as you're in the waiting period - we're praying for God's peace during this time - He will also give you the strength to endure each day. We'll continue to check for updates.

Anonymous said...

We are still praying. Let us know if you need anything while you are on this side of the water (if you have to stay longer than today). We could bring you dinner or something. Just let us know!!