Wednesday, January 19, 2011

she's got a tender heart


On Tuesday I had put a note in Stella's lunch without her knowing.  It went a little something like this...

Hi Stella!
I hope you're having a great day!
I love you sooooooooooo (I put lots of o's because I knew she'd like that) much!

*insert big heart here*
Mom

When she hopped into the car after school the first thing she said was...

Stella:  "mom, I loooooooved the note!  Thank you so much!"

me: (big smile) "Oh good, I'm glad you got it."

Stella: (getting a little teary eyed) "I bumped my head SUPER hard on the monkey bars at recess.  It hurt sooooo bad.  I was really wishing that I just had the note you wrote me in my hand so I could look at it."

me:(getting teary eyed) "sorry, bub."

Stella: "My teacher finished reading Marley and Me."  (looks at me with tears in her eyes) "It was soooooo sad.  Me and Chiara were totally crying and mom, I almost got the loud cry.  It was awful." (looks over at me, crying and laughing a little)

me: (laughing and officially teary eyed)  "Oh, Stella I love you."


I am so thankful for this girl and her tender little heart.

xo

10 comments:

Kirra said...

Oh man. Now I'm crying. Scrunchie'ing the nose kind of crying. Stella girl- that soft heart is like gold. Hold on tight to it.

Jamie said...

me: (getting teary eyed) when you said stella got teary eyed and wishing she had your note to look at when she got hurt.

you: (getting teary eyed over stella getting teary eyed)

me: (thinking that is so presh)

me again: loving that you both were crying and laughing at the same time. you 2 are so cute. how sweet it is that you have a tender-hearted daughter.

The Parsons' blog said...

and i get teary eyed just reading your two girls sweet comments. xo

Baby By The Sea said...

Tears. So sweet and beautiful to capture this quick, heartfelt exchange. The last photo is great. Part little girl, part preteen. Sweetness.

The Guyser Family said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweetheart! I love putting notes in lunches, my dad always did that for us! Mine to Jaxon are more simple like I <3 U. :)

Deanna said...

So sweet! What a precious girl you have. Keep up the good work mom :)

Jenny M. said...

I am teary too...love the note idea. This would speak to my heart big time!! I love little tenderhearted Stella. Marley and me made me do the ugly cry, big time and I'm not even a dog person!

Joe, Erin, Drew, and Drake said...

ohhh sweet Stella girl. I love that softy. Loved Jams comment, it had the same affect on me. Tears. Those soft hearts few and far between, it is such a treasure..I know you know that. Miss you Sar.

Unknown said...

Oh Sara, that girl of yours is so special. I love her like she is my own. Of course I am crying right now.... love all your recent posts you are so talented and beautiful!

The Wilde Family said...

so precious! she has a sweet heart :)