Saturday was the day; the day to take a photo for our Christmas card. Since it gets dark here at like 1pm (maybe a little sarcastic...maybe) and Sean leaves every other weekend to go down to Seattle for school, this Saturday was truly the only day that worked for us to get a family photo. Welllllll, Saturday decided to be a cold rainy day. Dumb la nina, or whatever they are calling this crazy wet weather. I said goodbye to the vision of hazey sun, blankets and playing in the grass and said hello to frizzy hair, pink runny noses and cold hands. Sweet.

We started out on the south end of the island. Keep in mind it's raining, and then add a little wind to that rain. You got that in your mind? We get out of the car. I set up the tripod and Sean tried to get the kids in line. Oh man, it was so funny. The weather made Jonah a little crazy, as you can see in the picture above. Ava kept saying "it's freeeeeeezing. I'm freeeeeeeeeeezing!..." and Stella started to get watery eyes, the tearish kind of watery eyes. It. Was. So. Cold. We got one photo that worked. It's the one that is actually on the card. It's nothing to brag about, but it works.
Then we headed out to the
red barn. The rain started to lighten up and, while in the car, our hands started to unthaw. We were ready for some more picture fun -Woo! I wanted to capture a few fun shots of the family. I had bought some fake mustaches at the toy store here in town and the kids were dying to wear them... well, Stella and Jonah were, Ava was like -whateves, I don't do mustaches - but she wore it, because she's cool like that.
If you look close you can see the rain in this one of Jonah. Annnnd, Jonah and I were having about the same kind of hair day. Awesome.
Even though things didn't go exactly as I had planned, I mean really when does that ever happen, I am so glad we still went out. Rain or shine, I love my family. A lot.
8 comments:
my favorite is the one of you all looking at one another. it made me smile real, real, real big. i want your sweater. why didn't it look that good on me when i tried it on? pushhh.
lameo that it rained that day.
p.s. what is sean going to school for? i didn't realize he had to go so often!
These are so fun Sara! Your family is adorable. We had to settle for a lame picture that was taken months ago. I still dream of going up to the island for you to photograph my fam one of these days! :)
So sweet & you all look great and your having fun, at least once you got to the barn :) Great pic of the kiddos in front of the Tree, I love B&W!!!
We have those same mustaches (surprise! I know.) Next time you guys come down we'll switch taking family photos. It will be SO much easier than the timer. ♥
Emily, you have a deal. Woo, running back and forth to the camera was NOT my favorite. I look horribly frumpy in EVERY picture that was taken and it's because I was running then my shirt was going everywhere and my jeans were falling down...ugh... I now know why they pay the big bucks. :)
LOVE them - so fun! I can't wait to see your card :). And yes I realize I've just committed you to sending me one :)
Zach said you can come sledding if you bring Jonah's sweet snow pants with you! :)
i love how much you love your family. you guys look so amazing and you did not need any help styling your cute fam. i love that pic of the kids in black and white with stella's flower hair piece showing. it's so pretty. where did you get them? i love your outfit pretty sara.
Post a Comment