Saturday, October 30, 2010

ch ch changes

Even though I'm swimming in a sea of photos to edit (notice I said swimming...not drowning...yet), I'm trying to make time to finish up the, what feels like, bazillion projects going on in the garage.  My husband is much for me making time to finish them.  And I mean very much for it.  He thinks cars are supposed to park in garages...psshtt...I feel garages make for great crafting areas. ;)


Awhile ago, miss Jamie Hill (designer extraordinaire) shared a photo for me because I expressed the desire to create an empty frame wall.  She found this photo for me and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful inspiration photo.  It.Is.Perfect.  I love how they used different shades of frames... yep, I just love it a lot.  I'm hoping I can come kinda close to recreating it in my home.




This is my attempt.  I still have some work to do.  I'm looking for a good gold; haven't found it yet.  I found a yummy shade of yellow, called butter.  I think it will be a good choice against the blue walls, then I stained a couple of them dark and painted a couple cream.  We'll see... I'm not sure if I'll use them all.  I'll keep you posted.

Peace Out.

7 comments:

Kirra said...

Ooo I love the inspiration pic from Jamie. She's so good at stuff like that!!! I like your collection. Like it very much. And your pieces are coming together soooo nicely. I'm jealous of your garage. Over and out.

The Parsons' blog said...

Kirra, I love the inspiration photo so much. I want my house to look like that. Whiteish walls... sigh... so pretty.

marlis said...

It is indeed a funny thing about garages. I laughed to myself yesterday (after I sighed a big sigh, mind you) when Roger kept bringing things into our house from his garage so the garage could be cleared out and cars could be parked there (go figure).

Meanwhile, I'm trying my darndest to get rid of stuff IN the house to box up and go in the garage so when the babe comes I will feel peaceful and serene in my clean, non-cluttered house. Oh well, I guess I better kick things into overdrive for at least a little while! (-:

Ana said...

The frames came out great! Butter is ALWAYS good. :)

The Parsons' blog said...

Thanks, Ana!! Now to actually get them hung on the wall...hmmm... maybe next year?? ;) Goal is this weekend. Hold me to it.

Jamie said...

aww sara they look so beautiful!! i love what you did with your frames and the rest of your treasures look so good painted with fresh and new paint coats. i cannot wait to see where you place all of your "new" treasures. you are so sweet :)

The Wilde Family said...

Sara, you are my inspiration! Please tell me your tricks to finding time to work on these projects. I feel like I will never have a hobby again, ha! The inspiration walls looks awesome, but it also looks like a kid free zone. I can't wait to see what you do with all your great treasures.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, all your funk & junk finds and frames. Can't wait to see the finish product!