Friday, April 30, 2010

it takes my breath away



It's 8:15am, we're almost to the spot of drop off.  I hear the first bell ring.  A quick hug, and "I love you" and "have a great day, Bub, I'll see you after school" and she's out the door.  I sit in the car and watch her; just for second because there is a line of cars behind me.  I see her pink backpack bouncing.  She's got a little skip in her walk.  I start to drive away slowly because I know it's coming; that one last wave and smile.  "Jonah and Ava, wave to Stella"  She glances over one last time and gives us a big wave and smile.  And then it happens, I feel like I can't breathe and my eyes well up in tears.  It doesn't happen every morning, but when it does I just want to run in after her and give her one last hug and tell her "Stella, stop growing up! You are just right the way you are." 



She's growing up so fast.  It takes my breath away.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome post - now you gots me crying little missy! They do grow up so fast and she is simply beautiful just beautiful!!! xoxo

The McPoland Family said...

I know, it's sad isn't it?!?! I've aged so much in the past year, because soon Ashley will be 13, what to do with all this grey hair already?!?!?

The Guyser Family said...

What beautiful pictures! She looks so much like a second grader. :) Tell her I said that, kids love that!!!

SoSoBella said...

oh how i feel that way everyday. they out grow shoes, their jeans are to short. really, do they have to grow so fast!

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

She takes my breath away too! Your photos are gorgeous! I'm dying. Love her (and her cute name too!). What grade is she in? Can she be in my class for 6th grade?!?!? She seems so sweet!

Kirra said...

Love how long her hair is getting! She is a little Reese Witherspoon. Erin says she's just the sweetest. Can't wait to meet her one day. These look good Sar. These look good.

Melissa Burns said...

Beautiful

Kristy said...

You're killin' me Sara, sheesh.

Tori said...

Okay, not to make you any sadder...but she really does look so grown up in these pics! Little Stella girl! I hope she still like to play polly pockets & dress up! :) Great pictures girl! They truly are excellente! Happy Cinco De Mayo...I really hope you get some BAJA FRESH!

Tammy L said...

Such a pretty girl! :)

I came here from PW... I always enjoy reading semi-local blogs (we're a few miles north of Seattle). :)

Your kid quotes on the side bar are hilarious! :)