Jonah turned 5 years old. It happened. As much as I wanted time to stand still, time kept moving. It made me think of the book my sister gave me for Christmas, Let Me Hold You Longer. That night before bed, I held Jonah longer, my hug was a little tighter, because I knew it was the last time I was going to hold my 4 year old son. And for the record, that book makes me cry every time I read it.
Jonah had a good birthday. He got some new clothes, a lion, legos, Hot Wheels race tracks, a bubble wand to make bubbles bigger than him...but there was one gift that was his most favorite of all...
Here's a photo of his shadow while holding the special gift. Can you guess what it is?
Here's another little clue. And if you caught yourself saying a prayer for me. Thank you.
If you guessed a BB Gun, then you, my friend, are oh-so-right. He was happy when he opened it. I believe his exact words were..."A GUN!" and then later I believe he said, "I LOVE THIS BABY!"
OK, Jonah, give it a good crank.
Ready, aim, FIRE! Now do you see why I need prayer? I'm afraid he takes after me. I had my try at the gun and didn't hit the target once, and believe me, I was inching myself closer and closer to the silly thing. Jonah, apparently, didn't hit the target either.
I helped a boy out and told him to just close one eye and to look at where he was shooting. You know, just the basics of shooting. Shooting 101. He's so lucky to have me as his teacher. :)
He loves his baby and I love him.







14 comments:
Happy birthday to your precious Jonah!! I will definitely have to get that book, it is a Karen Kingsbury so of course I should read it!
His cake looks awesome and I love his new gun. Although, it's easier for me to say that b/c I only have girls.
Hope your doing well, I miss your post. You must be really busy.
Christina
What an awesome birthday!!! I bet he remembers this one forever!! Adorable pictures Sara!!! He is a cutie too!!
Oh how cute!!! I love the pic of him with one eye closed!!! How funny...you are the best mom Sara. The cake looked awesome...and tasty. :)
I'm glad Jonah had a good birthday, he looks older already! I love that book too, Deanna got it for me a few years ago.
No Way! What a fun life for a little boy! Great job on the cake. And I can't make it through a single page of that book without crying(took me almost two weeks to read it all the way through!). Jonah is just adorable....growing so fast!
Oh man. Good job momma on that cake! Can you teach me how to make all these fun cakes before I have kids?! You are such an awesome mom! He even LOOKS older in these pictures. Big boy!!! Happy Birthday Jonah!!!
Looks like he had a great birthday! Love the cake! I think it's officially impossible to read that book without crying...I don't even know why I try!
Oh my goodness...the pictures are killin' me as usual! I'm not even Jonah's mamma, and it's breaking my heart to see him standing there with his gun, hat on backwards, looking so grown up. The black and white eyes-closed shot is hilarious, and thankfully, it shows he's still a little guy after all.
Scheff - the cake looked awesome! I can't believe the bb gun! My nephew wants one....but the neighborhood might lose all its squirrels if that happened!!! :) Miss you friend! Your pics are looking awesome as usual!!! Love ya, T
Oh that is a crack up... So you know when I tell Nathan that Jonah got a gun he'll want one THANKS, I guess that is just what boys do.. I'm sure it was right around the corner... Don't feel bad I can never hit the target ether... Fun cake. you did a great job.:) So how is the potty training?
I'm so glad we were a tiny part of the purchase. I love the shot with his eyes closed; it's perfect. Happy Birthday, Jonah.
This post made me cry. They grow up way to too fast. What a beautiful boy you have my friend! Happy Birthday Jonah!!
Oh and by the way amazing cake Sara. I couldn't do that! :)
Happy Birthday Jonah Boy! I loved the shot of him cranking the gun, just the expression in his face and his stance.
SUCH a boy!!! And a cute one at that! :)
Post a Comment