Stella started soccer a couple weeks ago. She has practice after school on Thursday's and then games on Saturdays. She's had two games so far. We haven't won one yet, but we're getting better! :) Go Pink Panthers!! I think she might take after her mom. I just don't understand the whole - dribbling with your feet - I'm more of a hands-on type of girl.
And see, she does take after me. She's smiling. I was told ALL THE TIME that I smiled while playing basketball. What can I say, we're just happy people.
Sean has high hopes she'll take after him though. Stella got a turn at playing keeper. Here he is giving her some pointers.
Praise the Lord she didn't have to make any saves. It's a little intense watching your child play sports. This is new for me. Sean only had to say "easy Sara" a couple of times ;).
Sunday...
After naps we decided to go on a little family outing. First stop, South Beach to see the sparkly ocean. Stella and Jonah played on the drift wood, climbing and exploring. Ava stayed near Sean and I and threw some rocks in the water and managed to get both feet wet. :)
Our next stop was just down the road to the Lighthouse. Jonah loved it there. He loved running through all the trails. He's asked, oh I don't know, like a thousand times to go back. :)
I'll be coming back to this spot if I can ever get my kids in some cute outfits when I actually have my camera with me. The ocean back ground and the long, lovely colored grass....yep, it'll be a good spot.
Stella and her - no teeth - smile. This is how she smiled for her school pictures. I was bummed, I wanted her to show off her missing teeth....retakes...
Self timers. Wow. I'm pretty sure the reason I look the way I look - hand on hip?? - is because I had to hurdle a small fence and then sprint to my spot (like 100 times) in 10 seconds. So yeah, that's self timers for you.
Awwwww....there's those teeth.
Ready - Set - JUMP!
If you've never tried to take a jumping picture, you should. I know I look like a tub of chub, but it's fun. It makes you laugh. Go on and try it. If you want to be like me and do it in front of a lighthouse, better yet! ;)
Time to go home. "Hurry up slow-poke. You can't catch me!!" Stella, talking to me.











14 comments:
Love, love, love the pictures! But you know I have to comment on 2 things, the purple/gray scarf and the brown/gray boots.... :)
I love the pictures! Your kids always look so adorable! The scenery makes me miss FH. :) Pink Panthers- what a cute team name! Go Stella! Thanks for the comment on my post... now I know not to try wearing black and white either! :)
Super cute Sara! I love the jumping one! Your family is to cute! And I've been to that lighthouse with you! Nice spiderman skills Sean! Where'd you get your red belt? I love red.
Sara I love you. You are such an inspiration, like a breath of fresh air. I needed a smile after my day today and this post did it! :) So I'll totally be doing the jumping pic's in SD when we go. I'll look for a light house...!
Hmmmm, if only I had a camera like yours. My second camera is on it's way out. BUMMER!!!!
Love the pictures Sara! They make me miss F.H. too! Maybe one of these days we'll make it up there for a visit... Hope your Fall is off to a great start!
are you guys modeling for jcrew in the family pick? cause you all look like jcrew models! i really want to go to south beach now, it's beuatiful! & btw, tub of chub & you do not belong in the same sentence!!
Love the pictures. Such a beautiful family.
Gorgeous pictures, as usual! Tall grass, sparkly ocean, cute kids...nice.
But the one thing that stuck out to me the most is that you're all wearing sweatshirts. Sweatshirts?! Not fair at all. It was like 106 here yesterday. Will you put some fall in an envelope and mail it to me please?
Great pic's Sara!! I miss FH, Southbeach, and driftwood. Your camera definitely takes awesome pic's and I think taking them in the afternoon was probably the best. I Love all the family pic's of you guys and the one of you & Ava. I hope her naps are going better too. BTW, I think those jumps of yours show that you could have been on the FH cheer squad, Go Wolverines :)
Have a great week, Christina!!
Kelli, I laughed. Out loud. :)
Jamie, you're sweet. We're more like J-crew clearance models ;)
Tori, I got my belt from Abercrombie back when Sean and I worked there - HA! When was that,1999, aw-yeah. :) We're gunna party like it's 1999!
Kristi, buy a nice camera, you won't regret it. It'll change your life...or kind of will.
Kristy, 106?!?! BARF. I love fall and lately the weather here has been the best fall ever. 75, blue skies, crisp clean air in the mornings...not to rub it in. The only thing that's not my favorite is the spiders and their webs. Gross.
Christina, so funny. Guess what, I still can do the stomping cheer - Pay attention 'cause we won't repeat, listen to the sound of the Wolverine beat... :) HAHAHAHA!! I was a wannabe cheer leader, OK maybe not - I never had that desire to be one, only when I was 7 but you girls were the best cheerleaders F.H. had. Hands down. ;)
I LOVE, LOVE your family pictures. It's like you live in a magazine. I have been where you live and it really is that pretty. Hugs!
You take amazing pictures. I love the family pic at the light house. O and Stella's two front teeth, ADORABLE
Your photos are so unbelievably inspiring. It makes me want to document life with my camera every day. You have such an absolute gift behind the lens!
Much love! Kat
It is so dang beautiful up there! And, GASP, you are wearing SWEATERS??? We go back to wearing as little as possible tomorrow for a couple days.... high 90's! just wrong :) So very cute of the family too, Sara, and I'm so happy Stella showed us her beautiful teeth!!
Post a Comment