Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Schools. Out. For. Summer.




Stella had her last day of Kindergarten on Monday. It was definitely bitter-sweet. I'm excited for a few months of lazy mornings and not husseling 3 kids out the door, but I'm definitely sad to think she'll be starting 1st grade this Fall. Stella's Kindergarten year proved to be a good one. She had a wonderful teacher and I can only think of one day when she didn't want to go to school. We got to the door of her classroom, where I give her a hug goodbye, and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes. It took everything in me not to turn around and take her home (who needs to go to school anyway, I mean it's just kindergarten...right?). Thankfully her teacher opened the door right then and swooped Stella up and took over loving her for me. I think I may have left crying that day. Come to think of it, I know I did. Have I mentioned I'm not crazy about my kids growing up?? I think I might have. Have I mentioned Stella inherited a tender-heart like her mama? No? Well, she did.

We had a few friend issues to work through, and a few days coming home with a sad, sad heart. Mean kids, it's bound to happen. I'll never forget when Stella said to me, "I just don't understand why they would say that to me?" Good question, Stella, good question. Considering the preciousness of others is not something you see much of these days. We worked through it though. We tried to turn each instance into a lesson of how we should treat others and ultimately, to remember who our best friend is, and that is Jesus.





I'm thankful for the year and I'm thankful for Stella. I love her. She's got a good heart, whether it's a little too tender or not, it's a good one. I pray with each year she grows closer and closer to Jesus.

ps...I have to point out Ms. Minke is wearing the necklace Stella and I made for her. Stella was so proud ;)

10 comments:

The Wilde Family said...

Oh how precious Stella is and I how exciting and hard it must be to see her grow up. I am pretty much in tears too, and it probably doesn't help that I'm preggo's so I'm emotional on top of that, ha!
I love that Ms.Minke was wearing the necklace you both made. Keep that picture forever for Stella. I will always remember my 1st grade teacher and I went to visit her after I graduated HS, funny huh?!

Enjoy your summer with the kids and sleeping in (if they will let you) and yummy breakfast's together.

The McPoland Family said...

Ohhh, how cute. Wow, Kindergarten is done, can you believe it!? I have one left to go thru it. Now you can relax, and I hear ya on the friend issues. It's very sad now a days what some kids say...words are so hurtful. But you're right, we have a friend in Jesus, and that's all that matters.

Kirra said...

Wow! Kindergarten is over!!! Time goes so so fast. I know everyone says that but I feel like the older I get the more I realize it! Stella looks like such a big girl! I noticed the necklace right away! :) She looks like a sweet teacher! Enjoy summer, Parsons family!!!!! xoxo

Tori said...

Congrats to a very special girl!!! Gotta love her awesome imagination when it comes to polly pockets & barbies! :) Hope to see STella this summer!

Amber Red said...

They do sure grow up fast. So sweet she is and I am glad that she follows you foot steps because you are one great gal yourself!

Kristy said...

Just wait until you are getting ready to send your baby to kindergarten. I am so not usually a crier, and I was all misty on Maya's last day of preschool last week. All of these kids need to just slow down. Slow down, I say!

B Murphy said...

Pat is always saying that he just hopes that Lucy is a sweet girl. Sounds like you got exactly that with Stella. What a blessing. Nice job Momma!

The Guyser Family said...

Wow. it's crazy how fast time flies! I hope her friend problems get better. Kids can be so mean. All you can do is hope and pray the right ones will come into her life. We looked for you in FH last week, it probably didn't help that I was busy relaxing and didn't leave my parents house very much! It's so great to sit back and let them willingly take over Jaxon duties! :) That reminds me, I would love to order them a sign for their anniversary Sept. 5 (1970). Just like mine except distressed navy with white writing. Let me know!

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

I can't believe that she is going into first grade already... WOW time does go fast... I totally agree with you on that being bitter sweet... just thinking about Lauren getting there makes me want to cry... can't we freeze time?

jorden9879 said...

It has been so long since I have been on, at least for me. I loved looking and reading every picture. I love hearing about Stella and her time at school. I know I will be calling you crying when Brooklyn has her first day or comes home in tears because of a mean kid. You are such a wonderful mom.