Happy Father's Day, Sean!
I couldn't ask for a better father for my children. Thank you, Sean, for being the world's greatest dad. We love you!
In sticking along the lines of the world's greatest parent, I might be a runner up for World's Coolest Mom...or... maybe not(??) Take a second and look at the picture below of Ava.
In sticking along the lines of the world's greatest parent, I might be a runner up for World's Coolest Mom...or... maybe not(??) Take a second and look at the picture below of Ava.
Notice anything missing? If you answered no, then you and I have a few things in common. However, there is something missing, a lens for the sunglasses. Yesterday, Ava came up to me wearing these glasses. I laughed because it brought back a memory and I thought I'd share it with you all today.
Last summer, while in California, we had to make a quick stop at Walmart. I told Sean to just drop me off and I'll run in and get the stuff we need. So I quickly grabbed my purse, put my sunglasses on the top of my head and ran in to the store. I purchased what we needed, all the while the sunglasses are still on top of my head. Then, after I got all of my stuff, I stepped outside to find Sean. I noticed it was bright so I lowered the sunglasses from my head to my eyes. Something seemed different, but I carried on in search of Sean. I saw our car parked a ways away and decided to walk to him rather then wait for him to see me. Walmart was busy that day, cars and people were everywhere. Thankfully, someone was nice enough to let me cross in front of him. I passed a few people walking, noticed a few stares, and finally got to the car. What I remember, and what makes me laugh out loud every time I think about it, is Sean's face. He had the funniest look on his face like - what in the world are you doing!??- kind of face. I get in the car and am like, "what?" He then said, "why are you wearing those sunglasses?" Still not understanding what he was talking about, I pulled down the viser to look in the mirror and I laughed so hard tears started rolling down my face. Yep, my sunglasses were missing a lens and the funniest thing is I didn't even notice!!?!?!!! I'm sure people were like - yep, there goes your typical Walmart shopper. Oh man, it was funny. I'm cool right?! World's Cooooolest Mom. It's OK, I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore.






14 comments:
Dude...I am LOVING Ava's hair! Seriously! Sean is a great dad! Love the story! WOw girl! WOW!
LOL!!!! I needed a good laugh! Thanks Sara, you always know how to crack me up...and cute family pic of dad w/ the kids.
I'm cracking up! That is hilarious! I'm loving Ava's flip-do too.
so funny, you made me giggle! i thought only my mom did stuff like that but apparently I do too.
Now it's my turn to laugh out loud! Oh my goodness, your Walmart story is so funny. I love those experiences when we get to laugh ourselves silly at the ridiculous things we do! I say it's just a sign that your mind is on more lofty and important things. Right? Right?
That is such a funny story! Yay for great dads! :)
So funny and a great memory! I knew exactly where it was headed when the picture popped up of Ava! :0) Too cute!
Sara, I was laughing so hard just now that tears came to my eyes too!!! The funny thing is, my mom did the exact same thing when we were in New York last fall and she didn't even notice either. I probably had Sean's face on my face when I looked at her. Oh such fun!!! Love you friend!
Sara that picture could not go any better with that story. Man I laugh every time I hear it, seriously out loud. Love the picture of Sean with the kids.
Happy Fathers day Sean!! Love the family pic too! Ok that story of you at Walmart was hilarious. I am so right there with you. I've done something similar like that but with toilet paper, even worse!
have a great weekend!!
Oh Sara!! I have never heard that story, I am sitting at my computer by myself, laughing so hard!! I love how you say a typical wal-mart shopper, so funny!!
I'm glad you all had a good laugh. Shoot, I laugh every time I think about it. I mean, I wasn't wearing small sunglasses, it was the big ones, you know the kind that take up half your face. Definitely not something someone could overlook if they saw me and PLENTY of people saw me. Literally, I stopped a guy in his car so I could cross the street. I'm sure he just shook his head...HAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA. Good times.
Great story... gotta love those moments!!!
O.K I know I'm behind on this story but seriously I was just laughing so hard that I had tears...Tori is like, why are you laughing so hard...and I'm like Sara's glasses story and she just knew.....yes, that is why I was dying laughing. Sara, that is the best.
Post a Comment