Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Looking back...

It's been awhile since I've blogged (for me at least). Honestly, I just haven't taken many photos lately. We've been busy outside enjoying this major heat wave that has come through. 80 degrees, that's what we call heat wave :)

I was looking back at old posts on my blog and came across last June. A year ago today, Ava was one sick little girl. CLICK HERE and scroll down to the bottom to read about that journey of ours. I look at my girl now and I am overcome with thankfulness to our Lord for His healing in her little body.

She's funny
Sometimes we call her crazy
When I ask her if she wants a snack she gets so excited she starts jibber-jabbering like it was the greatest thing I said in the whole world...sometimes we call her snacks :)
She hugs your legs a lot
She's got wild hair
Before she goes to bed she has to give everyone a hug
She loves shoes and putting them on...the other night she tried to put one of Stella's Barbie shoes on my big toes. Stella laughed.
She likes to swing and will look out the window at the play-set and say "weeee"
She's got a thing for sweets...not sure where she gets that from ;)
She loves to "run" which is still more of a fast walk, with a major waddle








I love this sweet girl. I can't imagine life without her.

15 comments:

Rebecca Parsons said...

This last pictures my favorite! Sooo cute!

The McPoland Family said...

Ohhhh...she's so sweet. PTL for healing, for sure. And that last picture is amazing. Way to capture the moment.

Jenny M. said...

Wow...Praise the Lord for that precious girl of yours!

Her and Liv would be the best of friends, I just know it!

Jamie said...

i feel like i know ava more now! she's so fun and i love that you call her snacks sometimes! i also can appreciate her love for shoes. thank our good and gracious God for her precious life.

Deanna said...

She is SO cute...I just want to squeeze her little cheeks! I love the last picture. Your photos are always amazing! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine!

Joe, Erin, Drew, and Drake said...

Sara!! I love the pic of her sucking on the sucker...a girl after my own heart! Also, the last one is beautiful...you are getting better and better with your pictures, I love it, keep it coming! God is so good to help us through our trials to trust in Him more and we are always left with thanfulness for His faithfulness and gifts to us..I am so happy she is well!

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Ava is just beautiful!!!! That last picture is amazing! I want your camera!! I love Ava's big blue eyes! Praise the Lord that she is so healthy now! Love you dear friend!

The Guyser Family said...

Wow, she sure gave you a scare! I am so glad she is better now. I love the last picture too, she is so adorable!

Julie said...

Yeah for healthy kids! There's nothing worse than when one of them is sick. Ugh..I hate it! LOVE the last picture...it's amazing!

emily said...

Are you dutch too? I noticed her little wooden shoes ;)so cute.

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

She is so precious... what a little future heart breaker. I love all the things you wrote about her and the pics are just amazing!!

The Wilde Family said...

Great pic's of Ava, I especially love the messy chocolate face one. Kids are the best medicine for laughter, glad she is a happy & healthy little girl.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

I can't believe that was a year ago! Time is flying... we need to figure out a way to slow it down a bit :) Love the pics! Enjoy the weather!!

Kristy said...

Luuuuuuuuuuuv the pics!

We had a fun time hanging out with the fam at Glen & Marilyn's yesterday, and I just can't believe how big all of these kids are getting. Then you went and posted pictures of "Baby Ava" and I'm not seeing any signs of baby in her. You'll have to pardon me while I go cry!

BTW -- I was back on Facebook a little last week and now I'm posting a comment on your blog, so I must be starting to get my feet back underneath me again. Now I've just got to get to writing some posts!

jorden9879 said...

Sara you should be a photographer. Every time I see a cute picture of your kids I am like that is the cutest picture ever. Ava is adorable. That first picture she just has this look of I am always up to something!!! I love it!