Friday, January 9, 2009

Sleepy face

One of my most favorite things is when the kids wake up and have those cute sleepy faces. Whether it is when they wake up in the morning or when they wake up from their naps. It always amazes me how I can be at my wits end when I put them down for bed, but when they wake up I'm always so excited to see them and their bed head, cute, warm, rosy cheeked face. I practically kiss those hot cheeks right off ! I personally think it's a blessing from the Lord. He knows that us moms need that extra measure of grace during the day.

So, speaking of cute sleep faces, I was able to catch Ava's when she just woke up from her nap. It's probably the only time she sits still long enough to get a good picture.

Yep, she's pretty yummy!

Since we're on the subject of Ava, I might as well give the low-down of what she's been doing...
Almost walking, takes about 5 stiff-legged steps
Loves snacks, and baby food
Not a big fan of table food
Signs all-done, please and thank you
Tries to say mama...but sounds like dada
Has a lovey named Doggie
Takes only one nap during the day
Her plugged tear duct seems to have gotten better on it's own -PTL!
Blows kisses
Likes her milk warmed up in a bottle ;)






Love her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so sweet...I love her lovey! :)

Anonymous said...

I love her too! That last picture of her profile...reminds me of Jonah's lips! Guess they are related! :) Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks! I'm pumped!

Anonymous said...

Jonah's picture at the top and that last picture of Ava reminded me of a project idea that I stumbled across the other day, which was an easy way to do those black on white silhouette pictures. I'm thinking about doing it with my girls, and when I saw your pics I thought I'd share the tip. Here's the link: http://www.cookiemag.com/magazine/blogs/nesting/best_of_2008/index.html

Anonymous said...

Sooo true...I know I'll really appreciate nap time when I have two and I love the rosy sleepy cheeks!!

Anonymous said...

She is just yummy! So is that sweet camera ;)

Anonymous said...

She's lovable. Seeing her on her pink car reminds me of when Judah would ride his (he has one just like hers but it's not pink), he loved it. I love how happy things like that can make them. He's already outgrown his. They grow so fast!Thank goodness for pictures.

Anonymous said...

Those precious moments are so sweet when you stop to enjoy them! She is just too adorable!