Thanks to my cousin-in-law
Kristy, who gave me the wonderful insight on the
how to for this project, I was able to bust these little silhouettes out in no time! Granted, mine aren't as great as the ones in the magazine, but I'm happy with them. I hope to make them every year and get a collection going to see how the kids grow and change. In addition to this, I also got wooden letters of their first initial for their name to put next to their picture. I haven't decided what color to paint them yet, so for now it's just the silhouettes.

The bath picture project is finished and ready to be hung. I was so thankful to walk in to Michaels on Saturday and learn that their frames were 50% off!

And on to the next project... This is a big one. It's finally happening. Thanks to a fellow blogger, I found the paint I've been wanting for my kitchen and I'm thinking I'm going to carry it on in to the living room too (because I like it a lot). I'm very excited and can't wait to
really get started. Hopefully I'll post pictures of the finished product sooner rather than later.
13 comments:
Sara, you are so good at personalizing your home, I LOVE it. And that color is my favorite!!!!
OOOOOOHHHHH!! Fun, fun, and more fun! I love crafty projects...especially ones that get finished! All of yours turned out so cute! And put me to shame because I have yet to get out my camera and do the silhouette pictures of my own kids! We've been working on a few projects of our own around here though, which I hope to post about this week. In the meantime, well done Martha Stewart! What kind of black paint did you use on the silhouettes?
Sara..I love seeing your projects. If/when we buy a house (?) I am paying for you to come down and help me decorate. You are so talented.
I haven't downloaded Picasa 3 either, my computer is so slow right now, so I don't do much. I finally had to get my Christmas page off, so I did a default background, changed a few things, then thought, Wow..my page looks a lot like Sara's! Hope you don't mind. Imitation is the finest form of flattery right.
I agree! I need your talent in my home as well. How did you do those? My hallway is bear and I think this would be great!
Great JOB!
I absolutely love the silhouettes of the kids Sara!! I have a huge love for silhouettes and am obsessed with them! I read the great tutorial on how to do them, I can't believe it's that simple. I would love to make some of my niece and nephew. What kind of paint did you use?? I am assuming you used scrapbook paper for the background? Thanks for the inspiration and I can't wait to see your finished kitchen!! I love the bath pics too!
So so fun! You're crafty and keep up with three kids...color me impressed!
Yes, I find out a week from today what we are having. Stay tuned!
Sara!! YOu amaze me with your creativity! First off I would love to know how you do the photo shop thing because we have blue accents in my bathroom as well. Is photo shop something you could explain to me? Also, you said the silouttes(sp?) were easy. I would love to know how to do them. Jamie said she was reading something on them as well. Let me know your secret because I would love to do those for the kiddos. Sorry so many favors but you just have so many good ideas!! Love you friend!
Thanks friends!! Big shout out to Kristy for showing the simple way of doing them. In the post I put a link to direct you to the site on how to do them - it's the highlighted 'how to' just click on that and it'll direct you there and just scroll down a bit and you'll find it. I literally did these in one night, super easy. The hardest part was probably getting the pictures all the same size. So when taking the picture make sure to have them stand in the exact same spot and your camera settings be the same. I just used your typical black paint, but I think I'd recommend using spray paint. Then you don't have the brush marks (that i have). Then i glued them down to a white piece of paper and wa-la finished!!! They'd be fun in an 8X10 size too, but right now I wanted them for my mantle so I did 5X7. You all have to take pictures and post them when you finish!
Kim, if you have photoshop (it's a computer photo editing program) let me know and I'll tell you what to do!!
Where do you find the energy to do all these fun projects?! That color looks amazing on your walls! Did you make that chalkboard??
Sara you are basically amazing! I need to come get a tour of your house! It is gorgeous and I love all your ideas and projects! I still am telling people about your kitchen table!
sara....you are the most creative person I know!!! You need your own show!! I want to copy all of your ideas!!! Totally impressed!! love ya, Kate
OOOO... I love all these things. The silhouettes are amazing! I also love the bath pictures! Keep the ideas coming...
Sara if you buy more Frames at Michaels, always check the Sunday ads b/c there are usually 40% off coupons that you could use.
Love your home & decor, it's so cozy & chic!
Post a Comment