Friday, September 19, 2008

I've got the itch....

...the home improvement itch. My poor husband, he just shakes his head at me. I mean, in all reality, it's not like I have nothing to do around here. The LAUNDRY MONSTER is back in full force and he's brought along a friend that has taken residence in our bedroom. But taking care of those tasks really isn't my favorite. I'd much prefer working on fun stuff like painting and decorating. Next on my list of 'to dos ' or 'to wants' :) is to paint a monogram in Stella's room with the color pink similar to what's in the picture below and maybe make a cute circle of dots around it (to match her polka dot sheets).I also have been wanting to paint my kitchen for quite some time. I'm thinking something in this family of colors. I think it would look good with my counter tops and also with my kitchen curtains...sigh... Oh I can definitely find (make) the time to do these things, but finding the money, well yeah, that could slow me down. Soooooo....who wants me to make them a sign??? Anyone?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ME!!!!! - I was just saying how 'Pottery Barn' your house looks!!!!:) I love it...
Sign me up...like a say grace or something...:)

Anonymous said...

Love that monogram...that's all the rage lately. Have you heard of Uppercase Living?

I like that color palate too...our bedroom is a color called Silver Sage by Restoration Hardware. Benjamin Moore makes a version of it. Sounds kinda green, but it's really more blueish! I really like it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Krisit, I'll take that as a compliment, but I'm not sure how true it is. If you see my house in person you might think differently. My house is PotteryBarn on a budget, serious budget :) I'd love to make you a sign!

Jenny, I think Tricia might have boughten something from them?? It's like stickers right?? I'd love to do that, but I actually found a benjamin moore paint sample for like $3 so I think I'll use that because i don't think it'll take much paint...we'll see what kind of mess I make. I'll have to check that paint you suggested though.

Anonymous said...

I'm in... I would lve one that says "Murphy Est. 2000"... let me know if you have any design ideas.
murphyhouse@ca.rr.com

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you want for the kitchen Sara, I say keep dreaming BIG! I know that's what I am going to keep doing, it may take time but with your creativity and some determination you can do it. Wouldnt it be nice if our houses could just look exactly how we dream them to look. But then we would probably be really uptight like Martha Stewart...even though I think she is incredibly good at what she does (my Mom always tells me she has lots of help).

Good luck with all the sign making and I'm so happy for you guys and Ava's dedication, it made me remember back to when Judah was dedicated.

Anonymous said...

You should offer to paint monograms for people too! Do they already have someone that does that in FH?
Also check this site out
http://rompstore.com/products.php?categoryId=57

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, cute! i want another sign, but i'm pretty sure i already have too many! :) maybe when we move next may i can order another one! :) i love the idea for stella's room and i love all those colors for the kitchen! it's going to look great! wish i could come over and bake with you in that cute house of yours!

Anonymous said...

I have the same itch- Phillip just rolls his eyes now :) I'm going to re-do our bedroom to chocolate brown and a really great turquoise blue! I can't wait! When I do- I want a sign that says "Always kiss me goodnight" I also want one for my wall up my staircase... I don't know what yet :) I'll have to let you know.