My parents swing set has been broken for a year or so now. I actually recall Tricia pushing me on the swing, higher than I wanted I might add, and then a few short days later the whole top log came toppling down due to major wood rot and bug infestation!! I think Kelli and Stella were on it when Alexia noticed the log was bending in - scary! Anyway, so there hasn't been a swing set for awhile now and there has been many talks about cutting down some trees to make a new set. Well Sean, my lineman, had access to some left over power poles from work. So last week he dropped off the logs and then the next day him and Roger (his co-worker) put the poles up. Then the following day Sean and my dad bolted and strapped down the logs and tied up the new swings. The pictures below are just a few of the perks from his new job, like having equipment that makes putting up a big swing set easy and of course the equipment it takes to make climbing poles fun. Who would have thought this California boy would be using chainsaws and climbing poles?? I have to say it feels pretty good to be married to such a stud :)
and IHEART Stella, Jonah and Ava too
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
SAW-weet! I love a man in a hard hat and tool belt...mine wears one everyday too! Hee hee!
Okay, you and your husband are amazing! You are both so crafty! He's making swing sets big enough for a giant gorilla, and you are just working away on all kinds of fun things! I love it! Did you get a new camera? Your pics look great!
After seeing a preview for the TLC show, 19 and Counting (the Dugger family), Stella says...
"19 kids?!?! Mom, like how much more milk does that lady have in her body??"
While driving in the car...
Ava - (making shooting sounds) "I just shot that car."
Stella - "Ava is going to be a tom-boy. I can just feel it."
Me - "Ava are you funny?"
Ava - "no"
me - "are you silly?"
Ava - "no, I'm da hoke" (Incredible Hulk)
Jonah - "Mom, do hippos have meat?"
Me - "Yeah, why?"
Jonah - "Cause...I just really want to eat a hippo. I have a bb gun."
After stopping at McDonalds, Jonah says to Stella...
"Stella, what are chicken nuggets?"
Stella: "just some chicken and...(long pause) some nuggets."
Jonah: "Oh."
Jonah - "Mom, don't cut my toenails, they help me climb." "They're my claws."
I was walking backwards looking at Stella. She thought she'd try to trick me by saying "Watch out for that bush mom!" but then she said, "Oh that's right, you have eyes on the back of your head. I always forget that."
Jonah - "Stella is your skin made out of snake skin?" Stella - "Oh, I don't know Jonah. We're studying butterflies at school....Mom, do you know?"
Stella unloaded the dish washer for me and said... "Mom these knives are HUGE!" "You could definitely cut up an antelope with these." (me in my mind thinking - antelope??? wha??????) she then looks at my face and says, "what mom, you totally could, they're really sharp." Well alright then, I'm going to go find me some antelope.
8 comments:
SAW-weet! I love a man in a hard hat and tool belt...mine wears one everyday too! Hee hee!
Wow, pretty impressive. Looks like one large swing set. So fun!
Rebecca
That is the biggest swing set that anyone I know has!!! It looks like fun for the kids. I bet they love it.
Okay, you and your husband are amazing! You are both so crafty! He's making swing sets big enough for a giant gorilla, and you are just working away on all kinds of fun things! I love it! Did you get a new camera? Your pics look great!
Oh how I love it! Cute pic of the kids too.
Love it! Can you find Collin a job over there?? We should become islanders too!
Amber, there's a house for sale right next door to us, I bet an apprenticeship will be opening up soon... girl, come on over I'd love to have you!!!!
Wow, I would never have thought that Sean would end upo with such a studly job...way to go! j/k :-)
That looks like a great swing set!
Post a Comment