Ava Evelyn
Ava finally had her 6 month check up Friday. She's about 7 1/2 months old already, but seeing that she was sick her whole sixth month of life we weren't able to bring her in. So Friday was the big day. She checked out great. She didn't even flinch when they rotated her hips so that was a huge blessing. After her fill of vaccinations we were able to walk out of there in good health and say "see you in a few months" rather than "see you next week" or "tomorrow" for that matter. God is so good and I praise Him daily for the health of my children. I know it will never be something I take for granted again.
I think I posted about her doctor appointment at Children's before we left for California. That visit went well too. The doctor told us she is doing great and he won't need to see us until October where he'll re-examine her hip to make sure there are no lasting effects.
So Ava is doing good and back to her healthy self. She's still in the 95% for her height and 60% for weight, weighing in at 17lbs 12oz. The exciting news on her behalf is she is now a sitter. Yep, she can finally sit by herself without assistance. However I will say that I think she much prefers to be held, but at least I know she can do it. Now if we only could get those teeth....
Ava finally had her 6 month check up Friday. She's about 7 1/2 months old already, but seeing that she was sick her whole sixth month of life we weren't able to bring her in. So Friday was the big day. She checked out great. She didn't even flinch when they rotated her hips so that was a huge blessing. After her fill of vaccinations we were able to walk out of there in good health and say "see you in a few months" rather than "see you next week" or "tomorrow" for that matter. God is so good and I praise Him daily for the health of my children. I know it will never be something I take for granted again.
I think I posted about her doctor appointment at Children's before we left for California. That visit went well too. The doctor told us she is doing great and he won't need to see us until October where he'll re-examine her hip to make sure there are no lasting effects.
So Ava is doing good and back to her healthy self. She's still in the 95% for her height and 60% for weight, weighing in at 17lbs 12oz. The exciting news on her behalf is she is now a sitter. Yep, she can finally sit by herself without assistance. However I will say that I think she much prefers to be held, but at least I know she can do it. Now if we only could get those teeth....






9 comments:
Praise the Lord Sara! She is so beautiful- that toothless smile. I love it :)
I've got to ask...what did Stella do with those boogers she got out of Ava's nose? ;-)
Ava looks older just in the last week or so since we saw you. I 'm so glad she's healthy and back to the business of growing up!
Kristy, I am totally laughing!!! That is a very good question...pretty sure they are on the floor of the car... as Sean would say - they just become dust - gross!
Ava's so cute, and I am so thankful that everything went so well with the doctor.
Your little girl is just too cute! So, guess who I just reconnected with...Jill Stuart from Master's...were you two roomates?
I'm glad to hear that you still kind of kept in touch with Jill after college. I completely lost touch and haven't heard from her since then. I had been wanting to try to connect with her for the first few years and could never find her info. Anyways, I just joined facebook and saw her brothers name on Rachels site, so I emailed him. He then put me through to Jill's email. I guess she lives in Arkansas with her husband just down the street from her brother.
Did you get your new camera?? The pictures are great!! What a beautiful girl!
Such good news!! Thanks for updating us. We will continue to pray for Ava's health. Hilarious comment from Stella feeling like a mom. Gosh, I wish i could talk to her. She sounds adorable!!
:) Kate
Sara, I'm so glad to hear about ava. I loved the pictures of your family in California. I am so glad you guys had a good time. I love the pics of you and the Kollmanns. Your sister looked beautiful!!
Sean is Awesome! I love that swingset, I have never seen one like that. It is amazing!
Post a Comment