Friday, April 18, 2008

O Sun, Sun! Wherefore art though Sun?

Oh Mr.
Sun, Sun, Mr. golden Sun, please shine down on me.
Oh Mr.
Sun, Sun, Mr. golden Sun, hiding behind the trees.
These little children are asking you,
Please come out so we can play with you.
Oh Mr.
Sun, Sun, Mr. golden Sun, please shine down on me!





Today's forecast: cold, windy and a chance of snow.
What?! Snow in April?! No thank you.

No more gray, dreary days...
I'm ready for the warmth of the sunshine...
No more sweeping up the mess in front of our fireplace...
I'm ready for the endless fire to be put out...
No more zipping up coats and sweatshirts...
I'm ready to put the winter clothes away...

Let's hear it for tank tops and flip flops...
Yes to sunscreen and bleached out hair...
I'm ready for lazy days by the pond...

Yes please, I'm ready for the SUN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the sun so much! It is hailing outside my office window as I type this! And it's time to go home! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of Stella throwing her hands in the air!!! Sorry to tell you we have been in the 80's all week here in SC!!! Hope you get some sun soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya Sara we had a game today IN THE SNOW! What is this all about global warming what ever. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you in a heartbeat- it was 90 degrees here last weekend!!! I would LOVE to have an endless fire, especially since when my hands get hot- they sweat like crazy- and there's just no cooling them down.