Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thank you Lord for saving Andrew!

Yesterday I was reminded of how precious life is. Each day truly is a precious gift from God.

My nephew Andrew, the first born to my brother, the first grand child to my parents, was in a plane crash Tuesday night. He's currently attending flight school and was scheduled for a routine, cross country training flight. The destination for his flight was about an hour and a half away from his school. He left around 9pm Tuesday night and the plane went down sometime around 10pm. When he didn't reach his destination search planes went out looking for him. The plane crashed in a remote mountainous area where temperatures dropped to near zero with 3 ft of snow all around him, and Andrew of course in just shorts and a shirt. When we got the call Wednesday morning that Andrew was missing my mind instantly imagined the worst. I can't help but cry just thinking about all that he went through, how he was able to survive the crash and then be able to survive the 12 + hours, of waiting/hiking/climbing, to be rescued. Rescuers were finally able to reach him around 11:30am on Wednesday where he was then brought to a hospital and was able to recover from his injuries. It is truly a MIRACLE from our great God that Andrew was able to walk away from that crash alive. I am so thankful to the Lord for His protection over him.

We are so proud of you Andrew!It seems like yesterday when this picture was taken of you, me and Austin out fishing in Grandma and Grandpa's pond. I can't help but think of you like this - little - and remember back when you used to call me Ara, and if I remember right that might have been one of your first words ;).

We are so proud of the godly man you have grown to be and the awesome pilot you are becoming! We have full confidence in you Andrew, that you are going to make a great pilot one day. We are praying for you, both for physical healing and emotional.

We love you so much and we praise our Heavenly Father that He is not through with you yet!

After going through all of this I know I am going to squeeze my kids a little tighter each day, and make sure I tell my family and friends that I love them because we don't know what tomorrow holds. But praise the Lord we can trust in Him and know that He has a plan for each and every one of us.

The following is a link to a few news clips about the accident.
http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/Global/story.asp?S=8071777&nav=menu227_4

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing testimony! God is so good to us! I praise Him with you Sara! So glad that there is a happy ending to this and something we can all take from it.

Anonymous said...

God is good! I heard last night on the news that Andrew Sheffer from Friday Harbor was in a plane crash. I immediately thought of you guys but I didn't know if it really was Andrew Scheffer or someone else. I'm glad Andrew is going to be ok.

Anonymous said...

Sar, I cried again, when I saw this, done a whole lot of crying lately. Andrew if you see this comment we love you so much and are looking forward to seeing you. So thankful that you are safe and we will continue to pray for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sara- PTL that he is okay. We are still praying for him. What an amazing miracle from the Lord. You are so right the Lord has great things ahead for him and was not ready to take him home! PTL!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful that our lord gave Andrew the strength to endure all he went through. Sara keep doing what you do it is a sweet testimony to all that read.love Bryan,Allison,Dylan,Nathan.