I remember when Stella first started to love her monkey and how she used to call him "Ha Ha"...
We had a trip planned to CA shortly after Stella turned one. We were flying down and my thought was - Stella needs to have something to comfort her for the big trip...so I chose monkey. He was chosen from the many other animal friends she had because it was quiet, (it didn't have the unseen rattle or squeak inside) and it was super soft. So a few weeks before the big trip I started to push monkey on her. I laugh at that now because on the airplane she slept the whole time and didn't need any comforting. She took to monkey right away, and it was one of the first animal sounds she learned to make. Although instead of saying the "who who" part it was always just the "ha ha" and that ended up being what she called him for the first couple years. Looking back at old pictures it's funny because monkey is kind of like the "Where's Waldo," if you look close enough in each picture you might see him, he's always around.
We had a trip planned to CA shortly after Stella turned one. We were flying down and my thought was - Stella needs to have something to comfort her for the big trip...so I chose monkey. He was chosen from the many other animal friends she had because it was quiet, (it didn't have the unseen rattle or squeak inside) and it was super soft. So a few weeks before the big trip I started to push monkey on her. I laugh at that now because on the airplane she slept the whole time and didn't need any comforting. She took to monkey right away, and it was one of the first animal sounds she learned to make. Although instead of saying the "who who" part it was always just the "ha ha" and that ended up being what she called him for the first couple years. Looking back at old pictures it's funny because monkey is kind of like the "Where's Waldo," if you look close enough in each picture you might see him, he's always around.

Even though monkey has lost some of his luster, he still is her best monkey friend.





4 comments:
Sara I just love your blog. You are so good at writing. I can't wait to see you and the kids. (and Sean too! ;) ) I love the comments from Ashlin- and what Stella said back to her made me get all teary. So sweet. Love you guys. Give the kids a big hug from me! Trish
Sara...I love your blog too. Tonight was the first night I really got to look at it. I think if you lived closer Stella and I would be close friends. She is so stinking cute. Some of the things she says....
Every now and then when she is on the computer she will make a little sigh and I look over and she'll be crying...i know she's looking at your blog and missing the kids.
I look forward to kicking it with you in July! Holla girl!
Sara- that is really cute!!! I love it when kids love one stuffed animal above the rest...even better when it has a fun story to go with it!!! Loved the Easter pics also.
Hey guys! Kim told me to check this bloggy-blog out, so cool to see all the kids and Seans buzzed hair. Where did the Johnny from Karate Kid hair go? No worries, mine's about all grey now.
Post a Comment