Last week I finally started tackling the project of redoing the spare bedroom in order for Stella to move in. This is a picture of the room that inspired me. Stella's new room really doesn't look much like this one, but it gave me ideas. I love the color pink, I love polka dots and I love toile. In the new room I decided not to go with pink walls. Since her old room, which is now Ava's room, is pink I didn't want to have two bedrooms with pink walls, and seeing that it is still technically the guest room I thought it would be better to do a more muted color. I found the fabric for the bed skirt online and my mom helped me make it. That was the hardest part of the project. I do not claim to be a sewer, and making bed skirts with gathers is not something I'd recommend for a beginner! I already had the white duvet cover and I found some polka dot fabric at a fabric store and sewed that on to the duvet and added some ribbon to make it pop. Then I did the same to the pillows (and mind you this was all done with my moms help). I also made some pillow covers out of the polka dot fabric. Even though I still think my inspiration room is so much cuter, I think the new room turned out pretty good. And hey, for a room done on a Parsons' budget not a Potterybarn budget I think we did alriHere it is, the semi - finished product. Sean still needs to nail up the trim to go along the walls between the white and blue. And there are still a lot of finishing touches I want to add... but for now it's done. Stella has been enjoying sleeping in a big bed, she told me now she has room to stretch out! Just today when she saw the picture of the inspiration room she said "that looks like my room." So I guess according to her the room gets an A+.





6 comments:
So dang cute! You have such a decorating gift! Sign me up for the retreat....she is one lucky girl with that comfy bed.
Sara- Soooo cute... I just love it!!!!
Sar, the room looks great! How do you find the time?! It makes me want to work on my house. I'm glad Stella likes her new room.
Sarah, I love decorating and I love what you did. I really wish I could learn how to sew. So nice to have your Mom help you out. I also love polka dots and toile...it's so pottery barn. It's so creative to have alook you like and make it work for less expensive.
Stella I love your room!I wish I had a room like that!Dose your monkey and pink bear like it? If they don't I sure do!you have to show me it on spring break!
love,
your cousin ashlin
the room looks great. what fun to have girls. We have a little too much blue around here.
Post a Comment