Last weekend I rented both the 50mm f1.2L lens and the 50mm 1.4. The 50mm f1.2L lens is more than 10 times as much as the 50mm 1.4. TEN TIMES!! Crazy. The 1.2 was built like a tank and was smooth and quiet and felt very nice on the camera, but seriously I couldn't get one sharp image from that beast. I was greatly disappointed in it and I told Borrowed Lenses as much. If I'm going to pay $1500 for a lens, it better work and it better focus. Maybe I got a dud?? I don't know... all I know is I got better results with the 50mm 1.4 lens and that baby only costs around $350. Now I'm wondering if there is a different lens I should be checking out, like the 35mm? Anyway, sorry for all the camera talk, but it's on my brain right now. I'm not sure I'm going to find a lens I like better than my 24-70mm f2.8L.
Here's some images I took with the 50's. These are all SOOC (straight out of the camera). Can you tell which photos are with the spendy lens??
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
They are all beautiful! :)
Good to know. Thanks for doing all the research for us rookies!
Hi there!
I wanted to tell you that I also didn't really like the 1.2. All my shots weren't clear and I couldn't figure out why! It was a major let down. :(
Your FB "friend",
Ann
I have never tried those lenses before, but I do know that I too LOVE my 24-70mm a TON!! It is probably my favorite lens :)
btw- your kiddos are so darn cute!! and they are always dressed so adorably :)
Happy Saturday!!
Have no idea. Think they all look great!!!! xoxo, Rebecca
How did I miss your post...?? boo. Jonah's????
Thanks Tiffany and Lolo! :)
And Bri, nope the ones of Jonah were with the 1.4. Crazy 1.2. It was a dud.
xx
Post a Comment