I'm in love with soft curls, ruffles and this girl.
I took away her crib yesterday. She cried. She watched me take it apart and saw it in pieces in her room and looked at me with the saddest eyes and said, "you broke my crib." Then I cried and was *this* close to putting it all back together. I have nothing against her staying in her crib, but we moved the extra twin bed in there yesterday, which makes for two twin beds in her room. It was just too tight to try and keep the crib, too. I put her down for her nap just now and she cried for her crib again. It breaks my heart. I asked her why she loves her crib so much and she said, "cause it's just so soft-tilly." It's my goal to make her big girl bed as soft-tilly as her crib.







5 comments:
:( I just cried too.
Oh, that's so sweet (and sad)! That's always a big step to go from crib to bed. I'm sure I'll be having a break-down of my own when it's time to take our crib down. You can do it Ava!
that is so sweet. & heartbreaking.
melt my heart!
Awww, I just saw this and it broke my heart. It reminded me of when we sold the double jogging stroller at a yard sale. Maya was crying and trying to climb into it while the lady who bought it tried to fold it up and carry it to her car. Poor thing. I think she thought we couldn't ever go to Disneyland again if we didn't have that stroller. Why, oh why, do they have to grow up so fast???
Post a Comment