Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the funny thing is

I used to think these Earth Grains *thin buns* were a little thicker then they really are....



I first bought these *thin buns* awhile back.  The name really caught my eye.  Finally we can eat bread and have thin buns!!  'Bout time! :)

I served hamburgers that night.  Sean saw my plate with my new *thin buns* on it and he gave me a puzzled look.  He informed me that he thought I might have two of the buns on my plate instead of one.  I assured him that wasn't the case, I mean then the name of the buns would have to be *reeeeeeeeally thin buns* and the package just says *thin buns.*  He didn't believe me.

I noticed I went through the packages of those *thin buns* pretty quick.  Weird.

A few weeks later we had my nephew Andrew over for dinner.  I served up some hamburgers and, yep, I got my *thin buns* out.  Andrew told me his mom buys the thin buns too.  Sean looked at my plate again and said, "seriously honey, I think you have two on your plate."  Psshhh, that can't be true, so I picked one up to show him.  But what do you know?!  It (what I thought was just a half a bun) split apart and made for two verrrrrry thin buns.  We laughed.  No wonder my buns weren't getting thinner.



I've gotten used to the thinness.  They really do make for a good sandwich and burger.  Go ahead and try them, and if they're too thin for you, well just put two of them together.  That's what I used to do.

8 comments:

Baby By The Sea said...

This cracked me up. I've also been buying the thin-oops-someone-squished-the-buns buns. They don't last long around here. Luke makes a club sandwich out of them, sometimes using five whole slivers of bun stacked high. I love them, especially toasted before the burger or deli meat joins cheese, pickle and mayo.

Pulse204 said...

Soooo funny! Thanks for sharing! -Em

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness i'm laughing so hard.....that's hilarious! I love these toasted with peanut butter...yumm!!

Tori said...

Sean makes the best burgers. You make the best bbq gorgonzola chicken salad EVER! I love eating dinner in FH. That sandwich looked so yummy with the Diet Coke! Miss you friend!

The McPoland Family said...

Hahahaha, I needed a good laugh!! I like them too ;)

jorden9879 said...

That is cracking me up. Thanks for the good laugh, needed one today.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I found your blog through a friend and just love your way with pictures. Lovely. :)
~Michelle

Jamie said...

oh man, that gave me a good ol' laugh. i'd like to trade in my thin buns for some toned ones. just kidding ;)