Friday, April 9, 2010

our week in california

First stop - a junky beautiful hotel in Roseburg, Oregon.

The kids didn't mind the junky-ness or the mildew on the shower curtain.  Stella told me, "mom it's beautiful here, don't you think?"  I told her it'll do for the night, but in my mind I'm thinking - please oh please let there be no bed bugs here.  

3 little monkeys in the "beautiful" bed.

Second stop - Aunt Tricia and Uncle Koby's house!

We stayed with my sister for the first half of the week and soaked up every last second of that sweet baby, Caleb.  Oh man, he was sweet.  I love everything about newborn babies.  He was perfect.  I didn't even hear him cry during the night.  Did he cry, Trish?  I doubt it.  He was too sweet to cry. :)
Caleb with his crazy cousins



Getting all lotion-ed up after his bath.






Caleb loved Ava's kisses, you can just see it in his face.


Stella got her ears pierced on the trip.  We went for a walk along the paseos one morning and ended up at Valencia Town Center.  I asked Stella if she wanted to run in and get her ears pierced and of course she said yes.  It was a late birthday present for her.  She did great and didn't even shed a tear.  I was so proud.  She just keeps growing up.







We saw our shadows!  It's a beautiful thing, that sunshine.  I was thankful it shined every day we were there.  We put on shorts and bared our white legs.  It was awesome.


Sean tried out a rip-stick.  Yep, I like the looks of him.

The kids had fun playing in the pool, the spa and playing with the dog, Duke (or Doot, as Ava called him).

Third stop - Papa and Nana's house!








We played a lot of Wii.  I whooped up on Sean and knocked him out.  I had a sore arm the next day to prove it. 

The Bateman family came to visit!  We love spending time with this special family.  I think they should move to Washington.  I'm just saying. :)  The kids all get along so great and us adults get along pretty good, too.



The kids decided to play a friendly game of freeze tag a.k.a. tunnel tag.  The dads thought they would go and "help" the kids out.  Who do they think they're kidding??  They're the biggest kids out there.


It was a great trip!

9 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

Ohhhhh love it girl!!! Can I come be your side kick, second camera, intern?? I have so much to learn!!! :) What a fun trip you had! Am I going to see you Next Saturday night???

Kristy said...

I am cracking up at the tunnel tag pictures--especially the one of Jeremy and Sean looking like they're playing an intense game of something manly and competitive, like football. But oh no. It's not manly. It's not football. Nope. Tag. The one with Jeremy trying to "tunnel" under Kaylee is hilarious too.

Oh, and the girls jumping pics. So funny. I like the one of the big girls all standing there watching Ava jump.

We sure do have fun with you guys. I'm not gonna lie...the thought of moving to Washington has crossed our minds a time or two. If you could please get some petitions going to get your schools to pay their teachers more, then we can consider it a little more seriously. =)

PS...I'd love for you to send me the pics from our day together whenever you get a chance. It'll take me about 3 years to make prints of them, so no hurry!

Kristy said...

I was trying to figure out why Israel looks so weird in that picture of all the kids, and then I remembered that his nose was still swollen from the break. I had to look at it a couple of times before I could put my finger on it! (And on my second and third take I also noticed my kids wearing their slippers because their flakey mom forgot to bring them shoes. Way to go, me.)

The Parsons' blog said...

Bri - you're sweet. I feel like these are all snap-shot looking pictures. But, I guess that's what they are. It's our life. :) And YESSSSSS!!!!!!! Saturday!!!!! I'm SO excited. PW!!!????!! FUN!

Kristy- yeah, I was chuckling quite a bit when I was editing these photos. :) Crazy kids and men :) Tunnel tag was never quite that exciting!

The McPoland Family said...

Ohhhhhh, looks like you had so much fun, and I can't believe you drove. I'm loving the rip stick pic's - awesome. And hello???! I wonder why I want a baby boy now?? Caleb is precious. I am so happy for your sis. What a blessing.

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Sara, once again these are incredible pictures!! It looks like you guys had an absolute blast, all you are missing is visiting the Kollmanns! :) Your kids are getting bigger and bigger and more beautiful every day!! Have a beautiful weekend my beautiful friend!!

Jamie said...

what a fun trip sara! baby caleb is so cute! i love that you guys played freeze tag! that pic of sean and nathan is classic! i thought they were playing football for sure. next trip to cali stop on over to the hill's house!

The Wilde Family said...

What precious pictures Sara!! Your nephew is absolutely adorable and just a sweet baby. Stella is so sweet with all the comment she says, especially about the motel. Kids always seem to see the good in everything, I love that!! Your road trip looked fun:) we have one coming soon (10 hrs) in June.

jorden9879 said...

I don't get around to commenting near enough. So let me start with Ava's potty pictures. I love that she was cheering for herself. Those pics are so precious. I can't believe someday Brooklyn will be doing that. The trip to Cali looked amazing. Isn't the sun wonderful!!! What a sweet pic of Ava and Stella when Ava was kissing her check. And I love the action one of Ava and Jonah in the wagon. I love checking up on your blog!