Last week I was in California and I was holding this sweet baby boy. His name is Caleb and he's my nephew and I love him a lot. When I finally got the news that he was born (I only called like every 10 minutes :) I couldn't help but cry many, many happy tears. God is so good. I was so overcome with thankfulness for the Lord's provision to my sister and her husband.
All in His perfect timing
I remember when I got married being so happy, but yet at the same time, so sad. I, the little sister, was getting married before Tricia, the big sister. I didn't understand why the Lord would provide a husband for me when I felt so unworthy of one. And yet hadn't provided one for Tricia, who I felt was more than worthy. I remember clearly sitting in the airplane after our wedding, on our way to Seattle. I was reading a card from Tricia and I was crying like a big baby. I knew everything was about to change and it made me very, very emotional. Those same feelings came back every time I announced I was pregnant. It had been my prayer for many years for Tricia to find the man God had planned for her and to have a family of her very own. So when I drove down to California and I saw my sister with her very own son, my cup ran over with thankfulness. The Lord has provided Tricia with a godly husband and now with a beautiful baby of her own, all in His perfect timing. There are no words....



I'm so happy for you, Tricia and Koby. Caleb is just right. Even when he wants to party at night and sleep during the day, he's still just right because he's fearfully and wonderfully made.
xoxo











16 comments:
i'm voting your blog #1 for making me get teary-eyed. tears of joy of course! he is beautiful sara! i am so happy for tricia, i mean what a great god we have! i'm also voting you #1 proudest auntie.
ok i am crying and i just put my mascara on! thanks! :) how absolutely incredible is our God?! you are such a sweet sister and auntie. they are blessed to have you! :) and that baby is gorgeous!!!!!! way to go tricia & hubby!!!
Tears! Sara, I felt the exact same way the day Caleb was born. I was thinking of the weekends when Trish and I were living together and how we would lean on each other and long to be married and mommies! And here we are a few years later...our prayers answered! It just makes me cry to think about His goodness. I wouldn't trade those years of singleness for anything and as hard as they were, I know Tricia wouldn't either. The blessings we are reaping are amazing.
Soo glad you got to go visit! I hope I can go down soon...
Oh and your pics are incredible! Love your family Sara, I am so blessed to know you all!
What a sweet post, Sara! I'm sure your sister was just as happy for you when you got married and had babies as you are now for her!
I am with the girls. Totally teary eyed my friend! Don't you love God's perfect timing? Tricia is one amazing woman and now an amazing mommy. She totally looked calm and collected and sooooo happy! Caleb is truly and honestly one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen. I told her and Koby that when I brought them dinner. And I guess what? I brought dinner the night you left!!!!!!!!!! I was so bummed, I would have been able to see you! But Tricia said it was so fun to have you guys there. I absolutely LOVE your pictures. And I am trying to figure out exactly how to send these pictures to you so you could edit them for me. I hope you still don't mind doing that for me. I love you friend, hopefully we can see each other next time you are down.
He is so yummy!!! I want your sis to bring him up to school! I'm so happy for her and I love her story! God knew exactly what was best for her! She handled it all with such grace! She's amazing! She's so blessed to have a great sis like you!
Tears. What a precious blog entry! And what a dolly Caleb is!!!!! I love him! God is so good!!!! I love you Sara! I'm so thankful for you and that God put you and me together in a dorm room 10 years ago....who knew! A girl from the cornfields and one from the islands! I love you!
What a sweet post, I'm teary eyed just reading it. PTL for sisters, and for GOD and His perfect timing. What a cutie and a blessing he is. - and a boy....sigh.
Way to go and get me all weepy before I get started on my day! But you are so right--God's plans are always perfect. And babies and sisters are two of His very best blessings.
On a selfish note, I'm glad baby Caleb brought you guys down for another visit to California. We are always so happy to get to spend time with you and so bummed that we don't get to do it more often! Hope your long journey home was smooth. ;)
I'm so excited for them! Caleb is perfect and adorable! Tricia is going to be a wonderful mommy and I can't wait to meet the little guy! Please beg her to start a blog so that we can watch this little guy grow up from afar :)
Sara! He is so adorable...and I LOVE the name! :) I'm so glad you got to go and see him while he is brand new! Congrats to Tricia...she will be a wonderful mommy.
Sara what a sweet & precious post. It's so awesome how close you & your sister are. Congrats to your sister and your family, Caleb makes a perfect addition :) You had me teared up too. God is so good in EVERYTHING He does, even when we can't see it. I know my life changed completely when I met my husband & it's all b/c of God.
I love all the pic's you took an especially love the 2nd one of him. What a sweety!!
At first I was like how did Sara get those professional pics on her blog and than I was like O yeah she took them. Beauiful little guy! I love what you wrote, because God's timing is perfect even when we don't understand it. I love the spring post also! Ava smelling that flower was pricless.
Thank you all for your sweet, sweet comments. The Lord is good, always. And Caleb is a babe and all the ladies are going to want him. :) xoxo
I ditto everything they've already said- wow- you did an amazing job at capturing those little tiny details every new mommy loves. Their toes, the wrinkles on his head, the flaky skin.
Beautiful Sara- and I agree. No words.
I am just crying thats all I got!
Post a Comment