Tuesday, March 30, 2010

in the bathroom


Sitting in the office I can hear the pitter patter of her little feet running to the bathroom.  She's talking to herself saying, "go poo poo, go poo poo..."  I can tell she has made it to her potty chair from all the clunking around I hear.  I peek out the door and see her undies strewn across the hallway floor.  I smile.  It's quiet for a few seconds until the cheering starts, "Yay Wava!  Yay Wava!  Getta treat!!"  I hear the pitter-patter of her little feet again,  running back to the kitchen.  A chair slides across the floor.  She's talking to herself again, deciding which treat to choose.  "Ummmmm...orangey one."  Here come those quick little feet again.  They're coming to find me.  They're getting closer.  And then I see her.  She gives me a big smile with a cheek full of an orange (sugar free) candy.  I tell her great job, give her a big kiss and a high five.  She's growing up.  Way.  Too.  Fast.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh YAY for Ava! What a cutie! Yay for you too!

Kirra said...

aw! i wanna munch on her little leggies! love her. and love these photos. and love the tile in your bathroom. i think we need a tour of not only friday harbor but of the parsons house. lets see it sis. c'mon. p.s. did you j.crew it up yet? swoop on that deal girl!!!

Unknown said...

I could tell you again how talented you are, how much I love love that little girl....but instead I am just gonna say that she does not have the Scheffer buns... :)

Leo and Kim said...

So cute! You make potty training look so fun and so stinkin' cute! :)

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Who knew a post about the potty would be so precious! LOVE it girl!

Kim @ The Gab said...

How cute are her toes? She is so hip!

AllisonEsplinPhotography said...

So glad I found your blog... Beautiful pics and I love your style...

The Wilde Family said...

Yeah W2G Ava & Mama!! My Ava is still in Pull-ups and she is turning 3 next month. Please reveal your secrets. BTW, super cute pic's, seriously they look like they could be in a magazine :)

tara k said...

oh my...this is just the cutest thing ever. adore that you've captured it! lovely images. :)

The Parsons' blog said...

Christina - let's just say we have our fair share of accidents. Although, we went off-island yesterday and she stayed dry the whole day!!! Potty training...it wears me out. ;)

Miss Tara - Wow! Thank you for your sweet comment. I'm completely flattered and honored you have graced my blog!! I have your photography site linked on mine and I visit your blog often. Shame on me for never commenting on yours. Your work is amazing.