Saturday, December 19, 2009

She's not 6 anymore



This past week Stella celebrated her birthday. She turned 7 years old! I'm not sure how that is even possible because I feel neither old enough nor wise enough to be a mother of a seven year old. But apparently God thinks I am, so onward we go. I couldn't be more thankful for this girl, my firstborn. She's kind and compassionate. She's funny and likes to have fun. She takes everything literal which makes teasing highly overrated. Her favorite subject in school is math. She told me yesterday she'd like to be an artist and a doctor when she grows up. She still thinks every type of meat is chicken and she still says and does funny things. In the car the other day she says, "mom we're full of chicken aren't we?" (uhhhh...??) "because we've got meat under our skin, so that makes us full of chicken." :)

I don't think I've ever baked as much as I have in the past few days. I went through a whole pack of butter from Costco in 2 days!!! Unreal!!   From 3 dozen sugar cookies and a couple batches of fudge, to almond roca, from cupcakes with purple frosting, to Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake and her YUMMY homemade pizza...It was a busy kitchen and a messy one, but the smells, oh the smells. For the party favors for the girls I made fudge cupcake pops. If you haven't visited BAKERELLA you should. She's clever and makes ridiculously cute things. She makes these things called cake balls and cake pops. I tried them a long time ago for our parenting class and well... they weren't my favorite. The texture grossed me out, but I had the idea to make them with fudge instead of cake. So on Stella's birthday I thought I'd give it a go. They turned out gooooooood. They not only looked cute, they tasted super yummy too! I think I may have oned-up Bakerella. Sure, she's got me on presentation, but seriously - FUDGE inside a candy coating?? Yeah, I got her on taste. ;)

This year was the first year Stella was allowed to have a friends birthday party (I know, I'm a mean ol'mom). I let her choose a few of her favorite friends. They had a fun time. They filled their faces with cupcakes, homemade punch with sherbet, chips... and had a great time just being together.

Happy Birthday, Stella girl!


 

 

 

 

 
 
We love you!

11 comments:

Kim @ The Gab said...

You are so creative! I'm always inspired by you to do something artistic...Happy B-day Stella :)

The McPoland Family said...

Precious! I hope you had a great birthday Stella, we have an awesome month for a birthday, huh?!
~ Kristi

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

You are an awesome momma! Your 'little girl' is too pretty! (Makes me love that name more and more--you know, being a teacher, names get ruined pretty quickly, so I'm thankful she's so precious and lovable!) Happy birthday Stella!

James, Reese, Lauren, Maddie said...

Happy Birthday Stella... I can't believe she is 7.. it goes way to fast. Loved the Christmas card!!! All the yummy food sounded great!!!!

The Guyser Family said...

Happy Birthday, Stella! Those fudge pops look so good! We are gearing up for Jaxon's 3rd bday tomorrow, amidst all the construction, that is! :)

Tori said...

Sara - Stella was one of the first little ones born by such a great friend! I just can't believe it has been years! I remember meeting Stella the summer you lived next to the church on Friday Harbor!! I'm glad I've had the chance to be around her the few times I have over the years! She has such a precious heart! And that's a credit to you and Sean! Miss you roomie!
Love,
Tori

Jenny M. said...

happy birthday sweet stella!! love the party pics and favors...i'll be filing that idea away!!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Stella!!! What a FUN party with Stella and her friends. You did a great job!

I can't wait to show you pics of annie's 1st bday too. Her mom made bakerella cake pops too. I like your idea of putting fudge in the mix...sounds yummy! I think you may have got her beat for sure on taste!

Kristy said...

If it's alright with you, I'll now take a moment and cry over how fast these girls of ours are growing up. WAAAAAAHHH!!

Give Stella a big hug from us, and tell Stella and Jonah that Kaylee & Israel love their Christmas gifts. Thankyou!!

Hope your guys' Christmas is great.

jorden9879 said...

Ok that just made me cry. I must be overly horomonal, becuase that wasn't sad just precious. I guess once you have a little girl you realize how special little girls are. I can't believe she is seven. She is such a sweet and beautiful girl inside and out. The fudge pops look AWESOME! and if they taste good then major bonus. I seriously can't believe she is seven. I can't even image how you must feel. She is a little lady. Ok I am going to get over it. Happy Birthday Stella!

The Wilde Family said...

Happy 7th Birthday Stella!! Wow Sara you did a great job baking those cupcakes and I love how you decorated them with the celophane (sp). Don't you love December and all the baking?! It's definitely a busy month for you with all the bday's and Christmas. Are you planning on staying on the island or going somewhere else?
And no your not a mean mom about Stella inviting friends to her party. Ava has so many cousins that we usually do a family bday party and that's plenty of kids, ha!