Friday, October 23, 2009

She'll be missed

Last Saturday Sean and I were able to go down to Seattle and say goodbye to our sweet sweet friend, Tori. She has up and left. Back to Nebraska she has gone. We're going to miss her. Even though we didn't get to see her a whole lot while in Seattle, just knowing she was close was such a treat. A ferry ride and an hour and a half drive sounds better then a ferry ride and a 3 day drive. I was really hoping and praying she'd meet her husband here in Washington so she'd be here forever. Don't worry, my prayer now is that she'll meet him in Nebraska but that he'll be from Washington :)




Karen and Tori put on an awesome party. Even Liz flew in for the weekend! We watched some football - Go Huskers! And yes, I'm the only lame one who didn't wear her Nebraska sweatshirt. If I could rewind that day I would go back and dig under that pile of clothes that was sitting in my closet and find my red Nebraska sweatshirt and put it on. But I can't do that. And so you're stuck seeing me in a gray shirt and navy sweatshirt. Karen made some awesome taco soup and some delicious caramel corn! There were bowls of candy set around wherever the eye could see - junior mints, starburst, twizzlers, almond joys...it was awesome. During half time we went down to the local farmers market and got some pumpkins to carve. One thing I love about these girls is we have fun no matter what we do. It was a fun day, but definitely bitter sweet.



And just because this song reminds me of Tori from that day I thought I'd leave you with this little version by Nataly Dawn.  It's fun and quirky and hopefully makes you smile.



You'll be missed, Tori.  I love you!

11 comments:

The Guyser Family said...

What a sweet post, it sounds like you had a wonderful goodbye party. Those pumpkins look awesome by the way! At little bit more professional looking then the ones we carved last weekend. :)

The McPoland Family said...

Awwww, so cute, I'm even sad that Tori is moving away, she's been in so many of your posts!!! It's so neat to see all you girls get together! Blessings to Tori!

Tori said...

Sara - you made me get tears in my eyes!!! Thank you for the post! And the video...that girl is hilarious! She doesn't have any dance moves though! :) It was awesome being so close to you!!!!!! BUT I'll be back for visits..God-willling. And the guy I marry better love the Northwest! Love ya so much!!!!!!
Tori

Phil and Bri said...

You even used her favorite picture of herself! :)

The Parsons' blog said...

Tori, yeah that girl has nothing on your moves :) Oh and I just finished watching the proposal and I laughed hard at the - "to the window" seen. I was originally going to use that song for this post but uhhhh...not sure that would be appropriate! HAHAHAHA ;) Why'd you have to move again??

The Wilde Family said...

Great pic's of you and your friends Sara! I'm glad you had a great time and got a girls weekend, how cool is that?! Have fun on your new journey Tori :)
BTW, the pumpkins are so cute and fancy, love them!

Chris Kim Kinsley Cooper said...

Sara, I loved this post about Tori. She is one amazing girl, we are so very blessed to be able to call her friend. And the guy that she ends up marrying is going to be dang lucky to have her as his wife. WE will keep praying!
Oh and I love that Stella is going to be Daphne. I was her for one Halloween. I definitely do NOT look good as a red head. The Lord definitely knew what He was doing when He gave me brown hair! Can't wait to see all the Halloween pics! Love you my friend!!!!!

Tori said...

Thanks everyone for you kind comments! Seriously...makes me cry! Sara - the funny part about "to the window" is that I didn't even know that was a song!!!! I just liked the part when she was saying that...so sorry if it is inappropiate! NOT COOL! :) I miss WA a lot. But NE is sunny today! Hooray! Just made some taco soup and heading to my Grandma's house!

jen bennett said...

Sara that is a great 1st pic of Tori... can we say senior pictures.

jorden9879 said...

That was such a fun day. I love being with you all. Your star pumpkin was the best and all hand done! Well done!

Andrea said...

okay little missy i'm ready to see some more killer pictures - hurry and post some :). Happy Thursday!