Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer Wrap-Up

trips to the park...









lemonade stands, or an iced-peach-tea stand, with rice krispy treats...

This was all Stella's idea. At first she thought she should sell some of her art. I told her she might get more business if she sold something to drink and maybe a treat to eat. We don't exactly live on an ideal street for this type of thing, having only like 5 neighbors and living about 2 miles out of town :) but Stella didn't waver. Lets just say it's a good thing Grandpa and Grandma live next door, and it's a good thing we had some hungry neighbor boys. She made $6.50 - we may have just come out even ;). She was was very happy with her earnings.





date nights...

It's fun to go on dates with my husband, especially in the summer. One of our favorite restaurants is open only during the summer season. It's called Madrona Grill and it's out in Roche Harbor. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun and the company is my favorite.



icc soccer nights...


For the past few summers Islands Community Church has held a soccer camp for elementary aged children. This year the camp was run by Sean with the help of many members of the church. It was Stella's 3rd year of participating and Jonah's first. The first night Jonah was nervous. While they were warming up, he came to me crying saying, "I don't know how to skip." I sent him back to the field and told him to just gallop, it's close enough.





I don't have any action shots of Stella. According to her she was playing "defense" which, by the looks of it, meant daydreaming, dancing, and twirling :).



I also didn't take many pictures because I had to keep my eye on my other child, you know, Ava. Just look at what happens when I take my eyes off of her for a minute - she climbs into cars with boys.



family walks, bike rides and strolls...






losing teeth...

6 teeth and counting





pond days and beach trips...





my garden...

Which is more like a jungle. Look at the size of my sunflowers!!! They're like the size of small giants.

















I'm sad to see all of these things go. It's been a fun summer.

That's a wrap.

12 comments:

The Loyas said...

Oh Sara- I'm loving that lens flair! And I like the summer wrap up, except that it's still 178 degrees here in Southern California. I want it to be fall. :)

The Guyser Family said...

What a fun and buy summer! I love all the pictures, you are so talented!!!

Jenny M. said...

We are sad to say goodbye to summer too, but fall is my favorite season and I'm sure will make for some good postings and pics on your amazing blog!

Kirra said...

No way!!!! Your pictures are so gorgeous! They are getting even better!!! I love that Stella twirls while playing soccer, that Ava is getting to be so big, and that your flowers are drop dead gorgeous. For real?! How in the world did you get so good at gardening?! The sunflowers are incredible! Thanks for all the fun pictures! It's ALWAYS a treat for the eye here at your blog!!! Goodbye sweet summer!!!

Tori said...

Are you the coolest blogger?!?! I think you are! What a beauty of colors and flowers! How I wish I could've bought some of those rice krispy treats & tea from Stella girl. Miss you!

The Parsons' blog said...

Kim, thanks for noticing the lens flare ;) I'm experimenting...:)

Kirra, my garden...sigh...I really have no idea what I'm doing and I'm afraid the pictures make it look like I do ;) What the pictures aren't showing are the weeds, horrible soil and lack of flowers... one day... But thanks for thinking they look pretty!

Tori, I'm not the coolest blogger but oh man would Stella have LOVED for you to stop by her shop! ;) Miss you.

The Wilde Family said...

Sara your pictures look amazing. I love all of them but especially love the one of Stella b/c you can see her beautiful eyelashes & the one of Sean coming down the slide, so funny. One of these days you will have to give us some lessons and a tutorial of your camera. Or maybe you could email me (thewildefamilyof4@gmail.com)what type of Camera you have. I really want to get a nice one before the baby comes :-)

PS, your garden is amazing. My veggies did well this year but we planted them to close to each other. At least we will know what to do next year.

Kim @ The Gab said...

Hey Sarah - thanks for opening up your blog. I loved checking out your pictures. Your family is beautiful. -Kim G.

Jamie said...

hi!!! i left you a note on my blog. i loved all the summer pictures of you guys! how do i get your new blog updates? is it the 5parsons address now? i especially loved the cute pics of you and sean! xoxoxo wanna come to my town, it's practically summer here all the time??!!

Jamie said...

i just got your comment too!! Thanks! and by visiting my town i really meant coming to visit me and my town's weather would just be a extra plus! love you ;)

The McPoland Family said...

Oh my gosh, what a great post. I love all the pic's...I must say, the soccer ones are so cute - especially Jonah and the skipping, and Ava getting into cars w/ boys. Hilarious!!!! Wow, it's so pretty on the island...

jorden9879 said...

I loved reading about Stella and her first day back at school. what a precious little girl! While I loved reading the post about summer I have to admit I love the events of fall and am ready for them to arrive. I love the lemonade stand, huge sunflowers, and watch out boys Ava is in town!!! To cute. You look great Sara