I came across this blog the other day where it had tutorial for making pillow case dresses. I instantly loved the dresses and thought they sounded easy enough for even me, the beginner, to make. Well, I didn't have a pillow case, but I did have some fabric from some old curtains. So technically this isn't a pillow case dress, lets just call it a curtain dress. My mom whipped this one up for me while I stood back and took notes. The plan is to find some actual pillow cases, or go to the fabric store and get some fabric, and make my girls matching Easter dresses this year. I don't claim to know how to sew, but I desire to learn and thought this is the perfect dress to start with. I don't know about you, but I think it's awfully cute.
Madison’s 14th Birthday
5 years ago







16 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the dress and will show the pattern to my MIL. She is so good at sewing and following directions. She made Ava her bedding set and I got the idea from Caden Lane.
So cute Sara!!
BTW, your photos always come out great too!
Christina
Oooohhh...cute! I'm impressed with how you find good ideas and then actually do them, unlike me, who spends lots of time finding and not much time doing. I'm going to dig through my fabric and see about making dresses for my girls too. And aprons. And then maybe I'll get around to those silhouettes. Oh, and cake pops too. But I guess first I've got to get off the internet!
I'm glad you liked the sandwiches by the way. I'm ready to make them again. (When I saw that there was another comment on my post, I really didn't think it would be from you since you already left three--I was cracking up!)
Super cute Sara!!!
Very cute, I love the pictures!
Oh my goodness, I love it! She is adorable in that dress! I wish we could learn to sew together. I have been wanting to learn too and my friend jeanette and I are going to make pillows together. She is going to teach me how. I can't wait to see the girls easter dresses! Great photos you took of her Sara!
I would love to come over an decorate with you but you already know that. :( sad we live far away.
Love it. I'm putting in my order now for one in a 4T once you get it perfected. :)
Adorable pictures and dress! Thanks for the great advice about Jaxon too!
sooooo cute. makes me want to once again learn to sew :) I always farm stuff out! truly lovely, that little girl!!
Love it Sara! And a matching head band to boot!
So so so cute! And the pictures of her are priceless! I love the last one! Actually, I love them all. Very cute dress, and I can't wait to see what you do with their Easter dresses! I wish I could learn to sew with you! I so want to be able to sew! And that teal chair? Perfect.
Sary- the dress is so cute! I haven't read your posts in a while and it always makes me smile. Love the quotes. I wish I could be there to hear them in person. Love you! Tell the kids and Sean I said hi!
Those might be some of the cutest pictures ever. Ava just seems to beat to her own drummer! THat's what I love about her! Super cute dress Scheff!!!!
Oh my gosh it is soooo cute, not as cute as your little girl though! :) beautiful pictures too! Love it!!!
Sara where did you get the pattern for the dress! Ava looks sooo cute
Jord, there's a link on the post. Where it says 'this blog' in blue, just click that and it'll bring you to the blog i got the pattern from. It's super easy. I think Brooklyn would look mighty cute in a little pillowcase dress ;)
Adorable Sara! I'm with Kristy, I'll add that to my list of projects. I've seen those before in Martha out of old vintage pillow cases-never occurred to me to just make them out of fabric. :0). It turned out so great! You also have a pretty cute model to show it off!
Post a Comment