Friday, February 20, 2009

In case you didn't know...

...It's Sean's birthday today! He is now the big 31. It's crazy to think I've known him since he was 18. 13 years is a long time to know and love someone. It seems like yesterday when he was calling me in my dorm room singing songs he wrote for me over the phone. Burp Girl (the song he wrote for/about me)...aawww...those were the days. Happy Birthday Sean. I love you.

...My blog is private now. How does that make everyone feel? Now I can tell you all my secrets. No, just kidding. I'm glad it's private. I really don't have a problem with people looking at my blog if there is a connection. I mean, I have no qualms with friends of friends reading it, I'm guilty of doing that. So I'm open if you know of someone that wants to keep reading, I really have no problem with that.

...The Pioneer Woman has good recipes. First of all if you haven't checked out her site you have to. I love that lady. There isn't a day that goes by when after visiting her website I don't laugh at the things she writes. It's good stuff. I recommend a daily dose of her. Anyway, I made a couple of her recipes last night.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Fluffy New Potatoes



The potatoes were perfect, but next time I'll do things differently with the parmesan crusted chicken. I confess, I didn't follow the recipe exactly with the chicken, and I know that was the problem. It was good though, Sean said "you're the best cook ever." Jonah said he just liked the "down" parts - meaning the chicken underneath the crust :). Stella liked it, although while I was stirring together the ingredients for the chicken this was her commentary...

"Mom, WHAT is that?"
"OH Mom, I'm freaking out!"
"Who is the Pioneer Woman anyways?"
"Well she's no Rachel Ray!" Speaking of Rachel Ray...

...Rachel Ray came to the San Juan Islands. I'll admit, I was bummed I didn't see her while she was here. I'm a fan. Her and her husband were touring around the island for a few days for her Rachel Ray Traveling show. The show airs tonight at 8:30pm on the Food Network if anyone is interested. I'm going to be making her chocolate eclairs tonight for after dinner! Yum-O ;)

...Buzz is still flying through every once in awhile.
I wish I could bottle up some of Jonah's cuteness and share it with all of you. He's got a lot to give. I catch myself saying "Jonah you're cute" a lot of times through out the day. The things he does, the things he says and how he says it... it's just cute. He has said this twice now and each time I laughed. He asked me "mom when is summer?" So I told him it starts in June. Then he looked at me with a face that looked like it didn't quite understand and said "Junior??" Oh man, it made me laugh...both times.

...I just looked through the Mini Boden catalog. That was my first mistake. I love that catalog. If I could, I'd buy one of each for my kids. The simplicity of their clothes, and the pure cuteness of them....sigh...I like it a lot.

...Ava woke up with some sweet hair this morning.It suits her just right. She's wild, but I love her.

...The weather has been beautiful! It's still cold, but the sun has been shining all week. I love it. It makes me excited for working outside in the flowers and for summer to come. Although, physically I'm not ready yet. I need more time in the Parsons' gym before I'm shorts and tank tops ready. Stella and Jonah hollered down to me from upstairs the other day saying they got their swimsuits and were ready to go swimming. They were both very sad when I told them no. Mind you, it is still only 40 degrees outside!

15 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

Oh I loved this post! Very random, just like a mother's day. I love that you take pictures of your food. My food isn't presentable enough to take pics. Maybe I should work on that...after tax season. :) Do your kids ask you after you take their picture, "Is this for your blog?" Cute pics of cute kids.

The Posenjak's said...

Hi guys happy b-day Sean!!31 it's not that bad right, I'm right behind you, but since you are hitten it hard with px90 you don't feel a day over 21!!! great recipe I've loved Ree's recipes we've tried marlboro man's favorite sandwich, and the best lasagna ever they both were great try both you won't be sorry. have a good night see ya Sunday. p.s. Ava's pic is so cute..

Kristy said...

There's so many different things to comment on, I don't know where to start! So here they are in no particular order:
Happy Birthday Sean! I'd really like to know the words to "Burp Girl." I love Pioneer Woman and sometimes wish I didn't know about her site because I go there every stinkin' day. I also love Ava's little orange nose -- aah, the baby food stage! Stella & Jonah are a crack up. And if they want to go swimming, maybe they should come here for a visit. The daffodils in my front yard tell me that our 3 weeks of winter are over. Summer will be here next month.

Kristy said...

Oh yeah, and my girls LOVE Rachel Ray. They have been known to choose 30 Minute Meals over Disney channel!

Sandhya said...

Such a sweet post of random thoughts that every mom thinks she wants to write down but never gets around to writing down! Happy birthday to Sean....I think I will always think of him as the little 18year old trying to win you over!
Oh...and of course, in Ayres tradition, Asha did not get a donut (I know it's sad)!

The Parsons' blog said...

Kristy the song goes something like this ...You're my Burp Girl baby, you're driving me crazy... Just so you know I'm dying laughing right now. Oh Sean...he's good for a laugh or two. I won't say he won me over with the song, but he definitely got my attention. Oh and yeah, I've been known to burp...it's true :) Stella's all about Rachel Ray, she tells me every night I should be making something out of her cook book!

Kirra said...

I loved this post Sara! Curious about the burp song?! :) And I'm so excited to look at the Pioneer Woman's website! And as usual, Stella, Jonah, and Ava make me smile! LOVE Ava's hair! :) And I am so excited for summer for all of us! It's going to be great!

Amber Red said...

Great Post Sara! i have to say you might just turn into the pioneer lady of the island!
Dinner looks great let me know if the BnB is open soon!

Happy Birthday Dad...I mean SEAN! J.k. I am old too.

oh and great pictures too!

The Wilde Family said...

Hey Sara, what a great dinner you made for you honey on his b-day, it sounds & looks so good. Lovin' the Burp song BTW, let's hear it sometime, jk!!
Ok, i would have been bummed to have missed Rachel Ray. I admit I love her 3 pm show when I can watch it & have a couple of her cookbooks myself. Update us on which restaurants she ate on the Island, I'm curious to see what she thought. Your 3 kiddo's are just adorable & I love the pick of Ms Ava with her two bottom toofers, too Cute!!

Christina

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Sean and Happy it's beginning to look like warm weather is coming to you!!

jorden9879 said...

hasn't the weather been wonderful. Brooklyn and I have been taking walks. Someone bought Brooklyn a sweater from Mini Boden it is sooo cute, it really is cute clothes! I love that the kids are ready to go swimming I think we all are ready for that. I was just looking at my planter pots full of dirt the other day thinking I can't wait to plant flowers. Love'n the blog

Andrea said...

hmmmm Sara I don't know if I should thank you or not thank you (aka "curse") for turning me onto TPW!!??...haha not really cuz I don't curse but you know what I mean. Ugh do you know how much time I spent getting caught up on The Lodge...oh boy!!

The Parsons' blog said...

Andrea, I KNOW!!! It's very easy to get sucked in. And her kitchen in her lodge is unreal huh?! Wow. I always tell people, when they have a few minutes ;), to read her love story. It's funny and cute. She also has giveaways!! The lady is a gem. She's fun...one of life's simple pleasures. ;)

Anonymous said...

Tell Sean I said happy birthday- I thought about it yesterday after I got off the phone with you! And that was already late... SORRY SEAN! I really am and I like you a lot- youre the bestest brother-in-law. (Don't tell Steve I said that) Love the blog Sara- I miss you guys. Love you, Tricia

The McPoland Family said...

what a great post!!! Happy late birthday...